okay, i know this has been done a lot, but i have this question that i want to ask to you guys. i've been playing for about 5 years now and i have a mexican fender telecaster 50's reissue that i bought last summer. i love guitars and the differences between them. i'd like to get another guitar, but isn't it a bit soon to buy another one? if i have the money this summer should i do it? i was thinking about a strat or epiphone les paul. maybe a dumb thread, sorry then, but i just wanted your opinions. thanks anyway!
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
im the wrong person to ask i buy a guitar every year.

just make sure ur REALLY happy wt ur amps first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i think this is question is basically based on the person themselve... i mean some ppl will wear out their guitars easily with live shows (waterlog, etc) so it really depends... i bought a new guitar maybe 3yrs after i bought a new one.... so yah
It's pretty simple. If you love guitar and want another guitar and have the money
for another guitar, get one! What is this "too soon" nonsense? But, if you think
a new guitar will help you play/sound better, no. It's just for difference and fun.
Your current guitar is pretty much good for whatever you want to do.
^yeah good point, a new guitar wont magically make you play better, when i went from my heavily beaten up squire to my jackson i could definately feel the difference and it definately expanded the potential for my playing, but there isnt really any instant improvement
yeah i know, but the epiphone will give a more different sound so that i can vary a bit more. i have a great amp now; a fender hot rod deluxe. but the tone i get from my tele is a bit too rough imo, i want a more smoother sound. however, i'm not getting rid of the tele, it's too beautiful for that
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Quote by Diamond Dave
^yeah good point, a new guitar wont magically make you play better, when i went from my heavily beaten up squire to my jackson i could definately feel the difference and it definately expanded the potential for my playing, but there isnt really any instant improvement

When I went from my HORRIBLE $30 squire rip - off to my Iceman I saw an improvement right away. Probably because the strings were 1 inch off of the fret board...
I think that if you have some ****ty starter guitar, and you know your going to continue playing and not give up the instrument, then buy a nice amp. And after you got the amp, when you have the money go buy an awsome guitar. Then after you got your first expensive guitars I would start getting, 7 string guitars, Mahogany Humbucking guitars, Alder Single coil guitars, hollowbodys, ect. So your collection of guitars will be very diverse and you can get whatever sound you need.

Quote by edg
It's pretty simple. If you love guitar and want another guitar and have the money
for another guitar, get one! What is this "too soon" nonsense? But, if you think
a new guitar will help you play/sound better, no. It's just for difference and fun.
Your current guitar is pretty much good for whatever you want to do.

I think I read that wrong. What's wrong with wanting to improve your tone with a new guitar?
I bought my seond guitar about 2 months after my first. Go for it.
I think that if you have some ****ty starter guitar, and you know your going to continue playing and not give up the instrument, then buy a nice amp. And after you got the amp, when you have the money go buy an awsome guitar. Then after you got your first expensive guitars I would start getting, 7 string guitars, Mahogany Humbucking guitars, Alder Single coil guitars, hollowbodys, ect. So your collection of guitars will be very diverse and you can get whatever sound you need.

you've got a good point there. i've been playing for 5 years now, so maybe i just need a second guitar to have a more versatile tone. one with single coils, the other with humbuckers is the best imo. 7 string is not going to do much, then you'll better go for a 12 string. thanks for the advice
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
Quote by doggy_hat
I think I read that wrong. What's wrong with wanting to improve your tone with a new guitar?

Most of the "tone" is in your fingers and how well you play. Then there's the amp.
Then there's the guitar. No one has miraculously become a great guitar player by
buying a "better" guitar.

So, as I said, get a new guitar. It's fun. Enjoy. But don't expect it to fix hitting
wrong notes, not being able to play in time, not being able to play fast and clean,
not being able to bend to the right note, etc etc....
there is the improvement that a new guitar will psyche you to play more
yeah and some guitars are easier to play, but IMO amps can do so much more for ur tone and that's something that'll keep u going too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
im the wrong person to ask i buy a guitar every year.

just make sure ur REALLY happy wt ur amps first.

Only ONE? how frugal ...........
Agreed about the amp, especially if the threadstarter wants to gig, without a good amp, he might as well forget it. He can get by with the guitar he presently has for a good while, unless it's like the guy who says his actions was like one inch off the fret board. Even on a Squier, that could be fixed, if not just make the horns pointy and tell everyone its a B.C. Rich ...........
well, like i said, my amp is alright. i don't plan on buying a new one soon, since it's a hot rod deluxe and i get a nice sound out of it. it's just that a want a more versatile tone, i think the telecaster is quite agressive, sometimes i like it, but just not always. i like to play a strat or les paul as well to get another tone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
^oh yeah, i love hot rods.
and tele's are pretty specifically toned.

ive got a tele, two strats, an lp, schecter and assorted acoustics. im all for variety.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

buy a new one whenver you want one and can afford it. lot of people need that feeling of change to keep them excited about the instrument. I have only ever owned 3 guitars just because i love getting new little accessories and amps and effects. some people are the exact opposite and everyone is correct if it makes them happy
Quote by jj1565
^oh yeah, i love hot rods.
and tele's are pretty specifically toned.

ive got a tele, two strats, an lp, schecter and assorted acoustics. im all for variety.

stop showing off jenny

Can't you mail me one of your strats since you've got two?
yeah, sorry black, i didnt mean to sound boastful.
i was just sympathizing with a future GAS victim.

and i love both my strats, i could never part with either.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62