my friend is about to join me in playing the guitar... he has about 300.... should he get a squire strat and a roland cube amp?
Yeah. Or a cheap Ibanez. Squiers are good, make sure he ges a HSS though. nothing beats Humbuckers lol
MY GEAR!:
Ibanez GSA60
Squier Stratocaster (Special Edition Black & Chrome)
Peavey 112 Bandit
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Dime CryBaby From Hell
Behringer UM-100 Ultra Metal Pedal
Nashville Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul standards plain-top. This is the best epiphone you can get for under 800 dollars, and it only costs 400.
Go for the ESP F-100 starter pack. Good guitar [For beginners] and nice equips
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
I say spend most of the money on a decent guitar and buy a crappy amp, then once in a while let him play on your amp or find someone with a good amp.

Its nice being able to sound good!

I find with the starter kits and spreading the money too much you are gonna sound crappy no matter what.

Might as well buy a guitar that wont end up in the trash at any point.
Get the GRX40 starter guitar, I think you can get it for $250 on musiciansfriend. That was my first guitar, and it is still awesome!
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Quote by guitarphillip
amp is where most of your sound comes from so get good amp and a beginner guitar

I can see where Police Chief is coming from.
300 isn't going to get you an amp you wont want to upgrade. So i'd just go with the good guitar and crap amp for starters.
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Epiphone Les Paul standards plain-top. This is the best epiphone you can get for under 800 dollars, and it only costs 400.

did you read his post at all? he has $300 for both an amp and a guitar. pay attention

buy a microcube and a low end ibanez
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
hmmm so far i was looking at the
Affinity Strat for 150
and the
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Cough Agile whorage cough...

AL-2000 Black Flame

and

VOX AD15VT
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Affinity Strat is awfull. Squier Standard strats are cool though.
I'd go for the epi maybe.
Quote by red star
did you read his post at all? he has $300 for both an amp and a guitar. pay attention

buy a microcube and a low end ibanez

Then save up another 300 and buy a cube 30 and the plain-top.