Ok, so I'm getting an RG1570, so tell me the Pros and Cons of it you ol' experts. and be happy for me! I'll post pics once i get it...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ibanez Paul Gilbert Picks
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
hell good trem, tight body, bolt on neck, basswood body, wizard neck (thin, good for shredding), flashy paintjob, rosewood fretboard, crap pickups. thats really about it, it seems like a perfect all round guitar
any recommendations for pickup changes? im gonna start saving now...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
Well the only cons is that it might not be a full preference to your style, and also its pretty expensive. I bet that you'll get it at Bentley Music and i think they charge RM3000++ for one of those babies. Test it out as much and as long as you can, feel it and enjoy it. You may or may not like the neck and the bridge but overall, its very good.

EDIT: For pup, i suggest that you go ask Bentley coz i dont think they supply DiMarzios, and DiMarzios eventually goes pretty well with Ibanez.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by ankitpanda
any recommendations for pickup changes? im gonna start saving now...

Once I get my RG [H/S/H] I plan on putting a BK Miracle Man in the bridge, Uber Trilogy in the middle, and Cold Swear in the neck . But that's just me...

What types of music do you play?
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Nothing will seperate me from my '89 Desert Yellow RG550, same age as me!

However, I've found all Ibanez RG Prestige series guitars to be very good, especially for metal and shred. I've got a set of EMGs in my RG, 81-S-85 config. Personal preference really. You may like the stock pups, depending on how they sound through your amp and with your fx board.
I'm a Vai fan so I was thinking DiMarzio Evos, I know a shop that retails DiMarzio here, and the RG will cost me RM3550 btw...kinda blowing all my money on it, so I wanna make sure its good. I'm having it ordered in...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
^
Good choice , I hear the Evo's are amazing through RG's.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by ankitpanda
I'm a Vai fan so I was thinking DiMarzio Evos, I know a shop that retails DiMarzio here, and the RG will cost me RM3550 btw...kinda blowing all my money on it, so I wanna make sure its good. I'm having it ordered in...

Btw, there's Yamaha Music in Ampang that sells EVO for RM500. Very expensive IMO, if you want cheaper, ask someone to order for you frm the US and ship it here.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I think I'll stick with the stock pups for a while ...if youre looking at my sig and gasping at the MG then don't, I gig through this massive Kustom tube amp that even makes my Gio Ibanez sound wicked. I can't wait to run my RG through it... Thanks for the replies...and I was wondering if anyone wants to recommend separate pups for Bridge, Neck and Center for increased versatility...anyone? I'll consider the Evos...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
I always liked the PAF Pro and tone zone.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ok i'm not much of an ibanez fan so here is my pros and cons of the rg1570

Pros
Fast thin neck if you're into that kinda thing
Nice Trem
Comfortable Body Shape
High Build Quality
Easy Access Neck joint

Cons
Lack Lustre Stock Pickups for the price
A dull natural tone imo due to lack of wood but high output pickups can sort that out
Trems not for everyone especially those who change tunings regulary,
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
it's a great guitar, but the pickups aren't great. and you need to like basswood. and thin necks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How light is Basswood exactly? Thin necks are great! I have really long and skinny fingers so it'll help me be very agile on the fretboard...
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
^ light in terms of weight? very.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok...
(check sig)
guess well have to race and see who'll get it first! (just for the fun of it...)

the %#$@ed up shop i go to ( most decent shop), keeps the 1570 upstairs in the storage room and don't display it. had to ask about models by name!

conversation:

me: s470dxqm?
salesman: yes, 2200!
me: s470? (displayed)
salesman: yes, 1900
me: rg1570?
salesman: YES, 2700!!!

so i guess i'll try it when i buy it...

T - 2days ...
member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Member #18 of the team. Pm Gabel to join!
Shouldn't you weigh the pros and cons *before* you decide to buy the guitar?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
to me is the locking nuts. the really bad con, especially the one where it locks down the b and #e strings. It kills my #e real quick like in seconds since underneatht he locking nut is somewho a big dent/scratch going downwards and somewho kills my high e string. New locking nuts will solve the problem for no immediate-break of my beautiful high e string?

Stock Pups suck ass...

Anyways pros:
Color
Thin Neck
Edge pro (depends on ppl who like them or not) Floyd rose
Light Body
high quality for only 700-999$
All access neck (feels like a neckthrough)
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.