I like Jackson better for metal... but that's just me.

EDIT: Ibanez is notorious for using BASSWOOD. I like to stay clear of the cheaper wood and use Alder or Mahogany.
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
what are good jacksons then

What is your price range?
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
,metal like slipknot between the buried and me disturbed

nu-metal stuff

Off-topic: don't ever put Slipknot or Disturbed in the same sentece as Between The Buried And Me .

Go with a Jackson DKMG, they're amazing metal guitars for under a grand.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
so metal/guitarist how many threads have you made asking this question now?

how about a budget eh?
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Research it. There are 5000 threads on this.

I can say the Jackson is the best and someone else can say Ibanez is the best. Maybe do a little research and play them all.
If you don't have a budget and are so sure on Ibanez, import a Japanese RG8320. Edge Pro, Alder body, EMG 81/85, 5 piece walnut/maple neck, and it's a J Custom. So...
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
You might want to check out ESP's and the Schecter Hellraiser Fr, a lot of the Ibanez's are made from basswood and you would have to upgrade the pups, but that's just what I would do if I was you.
Quote by Metal/Guitarist
,metal like slipknot between the buried and me disturbed

nu-metal stuff

for stuff like that?

I believe this will work well
Dickless.
^ Honestly, do not waste your money on a BC Rich Guitar, you can do a lot better. They are usually made out of crap wood and the only good BC Rich guitars are very expensive.
A nice BC Rich??? The decent/good BC Rich guitars are expensive and you can get much better in that price range. Honestly, for metal, the Schecter Hellraiser FR is great for the price. Go for that.
they sound good for that insanely low stuff, like Slipknot. Thats really the only thing they can do though.
Dickless.
You have a point, but unless you're strictly playing Slipknot and stuff that low, it's really not worth buying a BC Rich.
BC Rich have some nice high end guitars... So does Kramer.
Quote by Chazzy29
BC Rich have some nice high end guitars... So does Kramer.

agreed. i like BC rich. i dont see what the big deal is...

however, i would definitely recommend an ESP through some crazily distorted amp. from the few ive played, the necks are fast, and they scream. what more do you need?

Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 7, 2006,
Quote by Chazzy29
I like Jackson better for metal... but that's just me.

EDIT: Ibanez is notorious for using BASSWOOD. I like to stay clear of the cheaper wood and use Alder or Mahogany.

What's wrong with basswood?
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
im a metal freak and im playing on an SG standard. It sounds kick A$$.... just depends on the kind of money u have
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
i am thinking about

jackson dinky dkmg with emg 81/85
ibanez rg1570
ibanez rg2550e
ibanez rgt42dxfx
schecter hellraicer c-1
esp m-400
esp m-200fm
Stay away from the M-200Fm, made of horrible wood, crap pickups compared to the other models. THe m-400 is good, but it comes with a licensed FR, if you get the hellraiser you get an OFR and EMG's which is pretty ideal if you play metal. For around 800USD it's really the one of the better guitars you can get.
Last edited by pierce34celtic at Jun 9, 2006,