Page 1 of 2
Which one is better, and why? I own a Cube 60 and play stuff like Nu-Metal
C1-elite!

thats one of their best guitars

i personally dont like the blackjack that much but the elite is amazing

and it sounds great for metal and stuff like that
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Schecter C-1 Blackjack

Construction: Set Neck w/ Ultra Access

Body: Mahogany

Neck: Maple

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Frets: 24 Jumbo

Scale: 25 1/2 in.

Inlays: Black Pearl Dots

Bridge: TonePros w/ Thru Body

Binding: Multi-Ply Creme

Tuners: Grover

Hardware: Black Chrome

Pickups: Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1N)

Electronics: Vol / Tone / Pickup Selector

Finishes: Gloss Black

--------

Schecter C-1 Elite

Construction: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access

Body: Mahogany

Neck: 3pc Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Frets: 24 Jumbo

Scale: 25 1/2 in.

Inlays: Single Diamond at 12th

Bridge: TonePros w/ Thru Body

Binding: Abalone

Tuners: Grover

Pickups: Duncan Designed HB-102

Electronics: Vol / Tone / 3-way

Finishes: Vintage White w/ Chrome Hardware
The only significant difference I find are the pickups, am I right?
Which ones are better, Duncan Designed HB-102, or, Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1N)
You can get the C-1 Elite with a quilted maple top.

Basically, the Elite looks better and the Blackjack has better pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I'm sure i've heard somewhere that the c-1 elite has a slightly similar neck profile than the other c1s, cant really confirm it though. The blackjack has larger frets.

As for the neck thing mahogany probably sounds warmer however maple is a brighter sounding wood which is also a bit tougher and holds tuning better in changes of temperate than mahogany does.

Between my pt and elite the pt has a darker sound all around but there is also scale length differences and things which come into effect but i'm sure that the maple top on the elite evens out the tone alot.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Last edited by ScottishAngus at Jun 7, 2006,
I like them both for metal really, but the pt blackjack i've got is alot different from the c1 as it has a shorter scale and the neck feels totally different to a c1.

Most schecters would work really well for metal no matter what your choice. The schecter c1 elites pickups need replacing though..
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
pickup wise i'd imagine so but c1 elites are sweet with a pickup change (which i havent got around to lol)
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Masterwork
The only significant difference I find are the pickups, am I right?
Which ones are better, Duncan Designed HB-102, or, Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1N)

Although I (unfortunately) havnt tried either guitar, I should imagine that the real Duncans are much better than the "duncan designed"..

But thats just my two cents

Also, u might wanna try the Hellraiser as far as metal goes coz it has EMGs.. but that depends greatly on the amp u have as well..
I was thinking debating over these same two guitars. hard choice. I think that the elite is a little bit more expensive than the Blackjack, I dunno though, I think I am going to get the Elite, even thought the Blackjack kicks ass.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Actually I can get the Elite cheaper than the Blacjhack. But I really don't know which one to choose.
I believe the Blackjack also has coil tap standard also (or the one I owned last year did), I miss the guitar but had to sell it off.
Do you know any good online guitar shops that ship items to Portugal?
Thanks a lot mate, I'll order Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack then.
What does the EX Baritone mean? It's the same guitar as C-1 Blackjack isn't it?
No, it's different, used for drop tuning and really low tunings. I have the C-1 blackjack, actually sorry I didn't check whether they had that on Musiciansfriend, however if you check out music123.com, another reliable site, they do sell the non-baritone blackjack which is what I have. It says they ship
We ship virtually anywhere in the world using UPS International. While this is a more expensive method compared to US Postal Service, we feel that our customers deserve the high level of reliability, tracking, and service UPS provides.

Here's the link to the guitar on Music123: http://www.music123.com/Schecter-C1-Blackjack-Electric-Guitar-i128477.music
I plan to play Nu-Metal, so I will probably playing in Drop C or C#. Which one is better for me, the Baritone or the "normal" one?
Well, I play a lot of low tuned stuff too, nu metal and metal, but I just stuck with the regular version. It's up to you, the only difference is that the Baritione version has a longer scale. You can detune it and play a lot lower tunings without having to play a 7 string. It's up to you, I stuck with the normal version and I can play everything fine, and you can just buy heavier strings and detune with those on the regular version.
Blackjack, for sure.

I just picked up an S-1 Blackjack (used, $300 off eBay in perfect condition) and it's a great little performer. The pickups are "good". I wouldn't call them stellar, but my other guitar is a Rickenbacker. Kind of like going from a Cadillac to an Impala.

I wouldn't dare get an Elite, because those pickups have no soul. (Yes, I've heard them side-by-side)
Guitars
1996 Rickenbacker 360 Jetglo "Christine"
2003 Schecter S1 Blackjack w/ SD JB/59 "Lenore"
Gear
Lopo Line 1x12 w/ WGS British Lead 80
Blackstar HT-5 (buying)
Pedals: GE-7 EQ | BBE SS | V847
Quote by Masterwork
Thanks a lot mate, I'll order Schecter C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack then.
What does the EX Baritone mean? It's the same guitar as C-1 Blackjack isn't it?

Get a Schecter C-1 Artist if you want to get a normal Blackjack from www.musiciansfriend.com. It's $50 cheaper and looks better.
Quote by utsapp89
id go with the elite not only for sound quality but youd be playing a sick looking guitar and its like the upgraded version of zacky vengeance's (a7x) guitar
But if the Blackjack has better pickups, how can the Elite have better sound quality?
c-1 elite
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by Masterwork
But if the Blackjack has better pickups, how can the Elite have better sound quality?

It doesn't.

That other child is a fool.
Guitars
1996 Rickenbacker 360 Jetglo "Christine"
2003 Schecter S1 Blackjack w/ SD JB/59 "Lenore"
Gear
Lopo Line 1x12 w/ WGS British Lead 80
Blackstar HT-5 (buying)
Pedals: GE-7 EQ | BBE SS | V847
Quote by ias05
id go with the elite not only for sound quality but youd be playing a sick looking guitar and its like the upgraded version of zacky vengeance's (a7x) guitar

actually your thinking of the S1 Elite

thats what ZV playes

the C1 Elite is preferable bc in my opinion the pups are better and i like its neck profile

that and mahogany wood is just better for metal in my experience

baritone guitars are good for serious drop tunings B or A
something ridiculous like that

a normal 10 set of strings can handle drop C but i wouldnt go much lower
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Page 1 of 2