I really can't get into Iron Maiden yet almost everyone from round here owns their t-shirts! So I'm thinking they must be pretty good but anyhting I've herad by them is crap! Does anyone agree? Can anyone who likes them tell me any of their stuff that's worth listening to?
The Trooper, Aces High, Run to the Hills, Wrathchild...are probably their most famous and also my favourites.

Iron Maiden pretty much invented or revolutionised harmonised guitars.

Let me guess, the people who go round with their t-shirts are just like 14-year old kids who've heard The Trooper and are like "woah these guys rock I better get their t-shirt so people think I know about and like Heavy metal!!"
Wow.... your taste in music sucks just about as much as your gear.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
yeh i agree. i struggle to like them, after listening to most of their albums, their songs sound very similar. they dont do anything to vary their style.
iron maiden are metal gods - i wouldn't say they have any "crap" songs, they have a couple that are a bit dodgy but overall theyre musics amazing, get the brave new world album!

roll on december 15th \m/
When all are one and one is all...
To be a rock and not to roll
Yep, they pretty much influenced everybody the metal world today. Although they didn't invent harmony guitar lines (Wishbone ash, judas priest and Thin lizzy done that) they pretty much popularised it in the metal genre.

Listen to Brave new world or Dance of death if you like contemporary sounding metal records. When you appreciate those for you'll pretty much like anything in their back catalogue. As Captain Planet said, those kids probably don't even truely appreciate how great maiden really are.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
Quote by PXi
I really can't get into Iron Maiden yet almost everyone from round here owns their t-shirts! So I'm thinking they must be pretty good but anyhting I've herad by them is crap! Does anyone agree? Can anyone who likes them tell me any of their stuff that's worth listening to?

I think on the 6 albums I own, there's 1 song I don't like. Iron Maiden kicks major ass
"Wow.... your taste in music sucks just about as much as your gear."

sorry but i'll never understand people who just come on to post stuff like that. i mean, what's the point? waste of time. anyway, i used to LOVE maiden, as in they were my absolute favourite band and i went to the gigs etc. got the albums. But then i got better myself at playing and started going off them, as all their stuff sounded sort of samey to me. I respect them still for their contribution to music but i dont really like them anymore. Having said that, IM GOING IN DECEMBER TO SEE MAIDEN AND TRIVIUM so dont listen to me too much.
madien are THE kickers of all ass. if they had a mob, they'd be the don of ass kickery.

favorites though?
the trooper, 2 minutes to midnight, aces high, powerslave, fear of the dark.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Wasted Years-Paschendale-Number of the Beast-Aces High-Phantom of the Opera-Rime of the Ancient Mariner(you better LOVE that one, especially the Live after Death version)-Run to the Hills-Fear of the Dark.

Give some of them a shot, you'll love it, trust me.
Yes. Yes they are.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

iron maiden are great there one of my fav bands there just so good my fav songs would be
The Trooper
2 minutes to midnight
can i play with madness
run to the hills
and infinite dreams \m/
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
"Wow.... your taste in music sucks just about as much as your gear."

sorry but i'll never understand people who just come on to post stuff like that. i mean, what's the point? waste of time. anyway, i used to LOVE maiden, as in they were my absolute favourite band and i went to the gigs etc. got the albums. But then i got better myself at playing and started going off them, as all their stuff sounded sort of samey to me. I respect them still for their contribution to music but i dont really like them anymore. Having said that, IM GOING IN DECEMBER TO SEE MAIDEN AND TRIVIUM so dont listen to me too much.

Click me, dumbass!
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour