I've been listenening to Story of the Year's new album, and I like the tone they get on the 2005 album.

Does anyone know what they use as far as amps? I'm pretty sure the rhythm guitarist uses a PRS (Not sure about the lead guitarist though). I'd really like to get the sound they get. Of course, a tube combo would be ideal. Right now I'm playing with a cube 60 and Epi SG, looking to upgrade once I grab some money. (Should be by the end of summer)

Probably looking to spend around 700 on the amp (Used is fine, combo is fine).

TIA.
I have never heard one of their songs, but since they're "that kind" of band, they probably use Rectos.
Well I figured I wouldn't be able to get the exact amp they use for that much, but I want something that sounds as close as possible.

I could probably go up to 1K if I wait a while. And I'm willing to go used as well.
i think they use rectos. They do in the videos anyway. EDIT: plus it sounds like a recto.

yeah, peavey xxx or ashdown is how to get that on a budget, but be aware that a recto pwns both.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmm...

I'll consider that, I'll start saving for that Mesa.

How about B-52? Don't they have a rectifier or some sort out that has a sound very similar to Mesa's?
I saw on the guitar geek website an ad for story of the year and it said they use line 6 flextones it says so on the line 6 website.

I just checked for you one of them uses a vetta and the other uses a flextone 3 plus
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Last edited by oldirtyredhed at Jun 7, 2006,
yeah but still, it also says on the line 6 site that mick and jim from slipknot use spider II's which is utter bull**** obviously
yeah dont trust line 6s website

go with a peavey XXX thatll get close enough to thier sound
seconded, the ashdown is a very under rated amp as well so you might want to give those a shot as well..
Actually, now that I recall... I do remember seeing an ad in Musician's Friend about them using a Flextone III.

Maybe I'll check that out.