Page 1 of 2
ive always been a fan of ozzy, sabbith and AC/DC, but no bands have been able to capture the tru essences of what really is ROCK! this album covers all the bases.

Dimensions- catchy guitar riffs through otu the entire song. nice harminoization throught 4/5

White Unicorn- sounds a little strange with the clean opening, but andrew stacokdales lyrics back it all up 3/5

Woman- This is a tru rock song. The lyrics talk about a woman being... what else, a woman. this really shows the great voice stockdale has. the bridge solo is extremly fast and hard for me to hit. solo-like portaion feels a little draged out, but a great son 5/5

Where Eagles Have Been-a slower acoustic song for the guys, but it works. chours is great. gains power as it goes. solo feels a little late in the song but good 3/5

Apple Tree- This song almost sounds, dare i say punk. If u cant guess, i HATE punk and skateboarders with a passion. Its relly fast and not to heavy until the chours. 3/5

Joker and the Thief- fun opening with the phaser. then the anticipation kicks in with the drop D hammer on's. kinda trippy because of the phasers but thats what makes this song so great 5/5

Colossal - possibly my favorite song on the album. heavy from start to finish Not to mention that colossal is an awesome word. after 2nd verse, the alternet chours is great for guitarsts. song changes pace form moderate to meatl at end of song. really fun song to play 5/5

Mind's eye - apperntly very popular in Austrilia, but i dont like it that that much to slow and draged out, chours is only good part of song. 2/5

Pyramid- upbeat with a kinda mello dramatic angry back bone throught the song. Solo is one to work at. fun song. 4/5

Witchcraft- has almost a zepplin vibe to it. it helps that stockdale sounds like Robert Plant. darker chours that opens back to the verses, just like some zepplin songs. 4/5

Tales- this song catches you off guard with a slow mello opening, but in no time, high powered up beat solo comes in to back up stockdales lyrics. thats where i got hooked. 4/5

Love Train- funky, up tempo tune that appers on the new iPod commerical. Personally, not a big fan. guitar is muted for effect but gets annoying after awhile 2/5

Vagabond- Another zepplin felling song with folky kinda felling, just like zepplin brought to songss like Bron-Yr-Stomp. sonds a lot like that song. nice way to finish off a great album. 4/5

This guys actually had been playing for a year or two just giging around and THEN put out an album of the live songs they have been playing. this garenties that these songs have been audience tested and audience approved. Got a ten spot? pick up thsi album, crank up the bass, and bang ur head!
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/Swence32/GREYWOLF_04-MOM-N-BABIES.jpg[/img]
I'm really surprised at all these retro garage 70s bands coming out. Wolfmother is okay on initial listenings, I'll need to hear more than just the one song they are playing on the radio to pass judgement. I will admit they had an interesting sound.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Yeah, I can't commit to buying their album yet. I dig all their influences, but if I wanted to listen to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath I would listen to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, which I do.
I thought Love Train was a pretty descent song. Though the one guitar riff gets really annoying after the first few minutes. Your right though, their singer sounds a LOT like Plant.
I love these guys. I think they are going to be the frontband of the coming of 70's styled music rising up. Also, they aren't just 70's influenced. In the song Tales, in this verse:

Lower your guns even if love has turned to spite,
We may find the enemy waiting inside,
Light the candle to see what may unfold

You can hear some Alice in Chains influence there.

My friend did say that music will go through stages, and every few stages will sound related to a stage from the past.

Maybe their singer is a bastard child of Plant from when Plant had a one night stand with some groupie?

Just kidding.
I heard these guys on the radio the other day. I'm really being tempted to buy their CD. Every time I hear them, the riffs remind me of Zepplin riffs. The vocalist is very original, which you tend to see in a lot of Australian bands.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
I heard these guys on the radio the other day. I'm really being tempted to buy their CD. Every time I hear them, the riffs remind me of Zepplin riffs. The vocalist is very original, which you tend to see in a lot of Australian bands.

Buy it...
They showed them playing last night after the Mtv Movie Awards.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
wolfmother is on letterman tonight, set your tivo's....

unless you stay in...

on a friday night...
dang i just heard this band on the radio this morning, and i love their sound. It's like combining black sabbath,led zeppelin, and ac/dc together, and walah, you got wolf mother. Im a huge fan of classic rock and i don't like alot of the new bands nowadays, but wolf mother just blew me away.
"If my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair."
-Led Zeppelin

Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
I just got the Wolfmother CD yesterday, and I must admit; it's pretty swell.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
i dont really dig them if i want to listen to a classic rock sounding band ill throw zeppelin on the turn table, but i do give them props for doing somthing nobody is really doing now adays
They put on one hell of a live show
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
They are just another overhyped "jet" type band. They don't have influences, they just steal. Women's main riff is whole lotta love in reverse. Most of their licks and riffs, as well as lyrics, are just taken directly from their original sources, without giving credit. They are a gimmick band. If you want to listen to original, decent australian music, try You Am I. I'm sure jimmy page would spit on wolfmother if he ever met them.
And I've seen them live, was unimpressed. There were dead notes all over the place, and the singer jumped off a cabinet with an SG in hand (yes, he rips off clapton's woman tone as well), landed and completely fucked up what he was playing. It was embarrassing to watch.
I think their "image" and "sound" is so contrived. They seem like they are trying to be a classic rock band, and their songs aren't original at all. Its like they are just trying to sound exactly like Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, and [insert classic rock band here]. Listen to the intro's to "Joker & the Thief" and Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage". I think they would be much better if they try and find there own sound.
I really like them.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Gutch220
I think their "image" and "sound" is so contrived. They seem like they are trying to be a classic rock band, and their songs aren't original at all. Its like they are just trying to sound exactly like Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, and [insert classic rock band here]. Listen to the intro's to "Joker & the Thief" and Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage". I think they would be much better if they try and find there own sound.

those intros dont really sound anything alike except for the phaser

i do think their sound is a bit contrived though, like on pyramid they did the whole jethro tull thing with the flutes

but oh well, i still think theyre pretty good
Quote by johntherev
wolfmother is on letterman tonight, set your tivo's....

unless you stay in...

on a friday night...

What's wrong with that?
I must be an insane loser.

But on Wolfmother, I can't get into it. I feel like I've heard it all before. It's cathcy, sure, but there's something I can't put my finger on.
Quote by utsapp89
What's wrong with that?
I must be an insane loser.

But on Wolfmother, I can't get into it. I feel like I've heard it all before. It's cathcy, sure, but there's something I can't put my finger on.

Yeah it sounds recycled a bit... but man even if it is just an ode to 70s rock they sure do it well. I'm hoping they define their individual sound a bit with their next album but for a debut they've really got me going.
^Yeah I mean I can give them props for playing older sounding stuff, it just wasn't innovative at all.
They are pretty awesome. I fell in love with Woman the first time I heard it and I bought the album the day it came out. Apple Tree kind of comes out of nowhere, it doesn't really fit on the actull album, but it's good song anyways.
all wolfmother is, is a discrase to australia. i hate them, and im sure many others do.
Quote by gaylord
They are just another overhyped "jet" type band. They don't have influences, they just steal. Women's main riff is whole lotta love in reverse. Most of their licks and riffs, as well as lyrics, are just taken directly from their original sources, without giving credit. They are a gimmick band. If you want to listen to original, decent australian music, try You Am I. I'm sure jimmy page would spit on wolfmother if he ever met them.

You are a gaylord.

I just bought their cd last night after hearing Woman. Haven't heard it all but I was impressed so far.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by gaylord

Jimmy Page isn't allowed to spit on ANYONE for stealing riffs.
Cream fan club member #11.
I don't like the lyrics very much. They don't seem very original or to even have much of a subject. On some songs, the lyrics are good.

I do like the music mostly though. A little experimentation and I would really like them.
Last edited by andersoncouncil at Jun 22, 2006,
Quote by P.B.
Jimmy Page isn't allowed to spit on ANYONE for stealing riffs.

Jimmy page didn't steal riffs. Listen to the blues songs they supposedly "covered", the actual music sounds totally different
Quote by .:SMASH:.
all wolfmother is, is a discrase to australia. i hate them, and im sure many others do.

Well, you have a Sum 41 avatar, so you automatically lose.
has anyone else noticed that on the song Tales his voice sounds REALLY familiar

check about thirty seconds into it

his voice reminds me of something i just can't think of
There needs to be more bands around today like wolfmother. You can definetly tell who they draw there influences from.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

I think people immidietly relate them to Zeppelin because of Wolfmothers singer. If you just listen to the band I think they sound much more like Sabbath
Quote by gaylord
If you want to listen to original, decent australian music, try You Am I. I'm sure jimmy page would spit on wolfmother if he ever met them.

no actually lol

wolfmother played a tribute to Led Zeppelin at the music hall of fame even live on british television, Jimmy Page was there (In his suit as usual lol) and he thoroughly enjoyed it.
Am I the only one who caught the lyrical reference to Jeff Beck on 'Woman' ?
Quote by jikai55
Am I the only one who caught the lyrical reference to Jeff Beck on 'Woman' ?

No...?
The.
Page 1 of 2