Hey guys.... I am looking at the Dimarzio Tone-Zone

Would it good for a lead guitar?... On www.dimarzio.com they have a sound clip for it... The sound clip is by paul gilbert.... So i was also wondering if he uses this pick-up.

Would it give me really high pitched and loud pinched harmonics?... My v8 pick=up is useless... i get the pinched harmonics for about 5 3 secs then it dies!!
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
its paul gilbert's favorite pickup
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Sorry for posting again.. But anyone eles got any ideas?... Just i need to make a decision pretty sharpish
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
its a pretty good pickup. has alot of output and is more balanced than the JB. usually goes in the bridge.

does it suit ur needs? probably, but chosing the right pickup for someone else is really hard.

it also depends on ur amp, effects, and what u play.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the thing is though, i sent an email to paul gilbert the other month asking him about one of his guitars in a tuition video, and he said the following about the pickups:
Extract from an email from Paul Gilbert:
The pickups are DiMarzio PAF Classics. I LOVE those
pickups!

I am not bullsh*tting, this is real.....so maybe those are his fav. You might wanna look at those too...though I have no idea how he does all those metally tones with them, seeing as theyre vintage output.....

JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I play things like satch.. Not as agressive as vai..
Vai is pretty agressive.. And comparign this to the evo.. I dont think its as agressive...

I do alot of tapping.. And on the dimarzio site the sound clip is tapping and the sort.

Do you think i should give it a try then?... I can get one of these for £20 from my mate
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly