Page 1 of 2
Has anyone got the new SY album yet? It's out in England. I think its great.
"He who is tall, is not small"
I'll check out some stores today for it here in America...Kansas to be exact.

They're coming to play in Lawrence here in a few weeks at a really really nice venue, but my band has a show that night IN LAWRENCE at a different location, ****!!!

I'm sure they'll come back though...
it's only out 13 june, at least it says so on their website. and doughie you probably read it around here. I haven't heard it all but I'm starting to like it more
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I haven't gotten very excited over what I've heard of it. It's kind of bland, and that's something I never thought I'd say about SY. I still have a week to decide if I want to buy it or not, though.
Quote by slinks
I haven't gotten very excited over what I've heard of it. It's kind of bland, and that's something I never thought I'd say about SY. I still have a week to decide if I want to buy it or not, though.

No no no, you are buying it.

I'm not sure where I stand yet. I have only listned to the stream once (from the website). Some of the songs were really good. To my suprise most of Kim's songs were better than Thurston's. But I must say it sounds like Murray Street and Sonic Nurse combined but somehow not as good as either. The weakest of the latest 'trilogy'.
Isn't there only one kim song, Reena? I really liked Lee's one on this one... it's so cool. and Jams run free reminds me of a smashing pumpkins song
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

I'm not sure where I stand yet. I have only listned to the stream once (from the website). Some of the songs were really good. To my suprise most of Kim's songs were better than Thurston's. But I must say it sounds like Murray Street and Sonic Nurse combined but somehow not as good as either. The weakest of the latest 'trilogy'.

I usually prefer Kim's stuff over Thurston's.
Poor advice.
Kim's stuff is great. It is just that I usually prefer Thurston's songs. But this time it isn't that Kim is doing much better than normal, I think that Thurston is doing sub par stuff on this album. Although they are all some great songs. But I Can't really be a good judge, I only listened to the album once 1+ month ago.
I admit that it is quite below my expectations for Sonic Youth, but the song Incinerate is excellent.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Okay, okay, just don't hurt me.
You and me both.
On another listen, I guess it's not as bad as I previously thought. I'm just not used to SY doing things that sound like they're in standard tuning.
Quote by _stalemate_
I'll check out some stores today for it here in America...Kansas to be exact.

They're coming to play in Lawrence here in a few weeks at a really really nice venue, but my band has a show that night IN LAWRENCE at a different location, ****!!!

I'm sure they'll come back though...

i was going to go to that show until they were added to bonnaroo. i really doubt they'll come back, or atleast not to play a place like librerty hall. what time does your band play? you could probably still make it over to it.
I found out it was out in europe earlier so i'm gonna buy it soon.
There is a secret show in LA on July 8th, the only way to get tickets is to go buy it at certain stores. I got my mom to go for me while I was at school and buy me two so I got two tickets. I can't wait. It is going to be awsome! So now I have 2 Rather Rippeds on my hands. I'll probably return one.

...I don't know how I can't win Biggest Sonic Whore, no offense sponj...I voted for you...
I've finally heard some stuff off it, and I think it's fantastic. I have no worries about it now.
Poor advice.
i havent been with SY since the beggining so i cant gripe about it being poppy, i like it alot. its really artsy-pop and pop shudnt necessarily be a negative term neways, i think its very accesible and a captivating listen, thumbs up
You can call it whatever you want, but it still won't get any air time on the radio. I've yet to hear Sonic Youth on any station.

Bust out the tivo!

SY are playing on :

David Letterman June 16th
Jimmy Kimmel July 11th
Conan O'Brien August 9th
there's no way i would win against you. I never saw them live I do have a SISTER t shirt though AHAHAHAHAHAHA (but you have a washing machine one so )
Well I have the T-shirt with the cassette tape made to look like a skull and cross bones. I don't think you'd call me a Sonic Youth Wh*re, would you? I am a big fan though.

Rats! I'm going to miss them on Letterman. Why did they have to play on a Friday? Any other day of the week would have been golden.
Quote by AWA
I admit that it is quite below my expectations for Sonic Youth, but the song Incinerate is excellent.

i've only heard the first half or so, but that's how i feel.

i'll add that i will see them live in a few days
Quote by sponj
there's no way i would win against you. I never saw them live I do have a SISTER t shirt though AHAHAHAHAHAHA (but you have a washing machine one so )

Not only do I have the Washing Machine shirt, but I have these as well:

(This one says Sonic Youth in the corner, can't see it in this picture)

Slinks, don't you have a VCR? I'll try to find a way to get it onto my computer. If I can't we can always search Youtube...
a saw a guy with a tattoo with the tape, awesome idea, the tattoo was very bad though
i recently bought daydream nation, absolutely brill album, must pick this 1 up then!
actually you should pick something else instead of this one.. maybe sister? or goo. later on you should go with this one
^I agree. That's what I'm doing, I'm leaning toward Bad Moon Rising right now.
Quote by sponj
actually you should pick something else instead of this one.. maybe sister? or goo. later on you should go with this one

What would be the best 3 albums to first buy by SY. I've got a mixtape [my cousin is very lo-fi] and I would want to get e few cd's by them sometime soon.
Any suggestions?
Well to show you all sides of Sonic Youth: (But screw 3)

Bad Moon Rising
Daydream Nation
Washing Machine
Murray Street
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
You can call it whatever you want, but it still won't get any air time on the radio. I've yet to hear Sonic Youth on any station.

they play them on the major alternative radio stations here around boston all the time
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
He is saying we are having a war about who has more merchandise...I think...

oh right. so i've only got two cd's left!!1 minus the SYR ones.
Quote by lo fi nights
they play them on the major alternative radio stations here around boston all the time

I'm jealous
Quote by sponj
oh right. so i've only got two cd's left!!1 minus the SYR ones.
I only need to get SYR 5 and 6, and Psychic Hearts if you want to count that...
DAMN IT >_<
my girlfriend bought me Rather Ripped today! yay
Quote by lo fi nights

I hear them on the MSU college station here and there. It's the only radio station I'll listen to anymore. It seems like it's more songs off of Dirty than any other album, though. Not that that's bad.
Page 1 of 2