I have just bought my guitar and I have never before played guitar and i need help on easy lessons, things to train my finger movement and my hearing much help is appreciated thank you
look for the beginner lessons on this site
so lessons => for beginners => look around
Hit the lessons link at this site and start. An easy song is Bad Moon Rising by Credence Clearwater Revival. When learning to change chords, don't stop strumming. Strum both up and down. Keep the sound going whether your fingers are in place or not. Sing along with whatever songs you pick out to try. It helps get your mind off of how your fingers work and lets the fingers get a mind of their own.
Quote by edg
This now #1 on my top 10 list of Worst Advice Ever Heard on Ulitmate Guitar.

Actually, you read it, not heard it. That's #1 on my top ten list of overreactions by someone, whether read on UG or elsewhere. What's your contribution to the thread, other than dissing the idea of someone else?
Originally Posted by gmsje
It helps get your mind off of how your fingers work and lets the fingers get a mind of their own.
Quote by edg
This now #1 on my top 10 list of Worst Advice Ever Heard on Ulitmate Guitar.

Actually gmsje's comment makes some sense. I spent so much time stressing on whether I had my fingers in the right place that everything was coming out VERY disjointed. When I quit and just closed my eyes and started playing without looking or worrying about things, I played right through a song I'd been having fits with.
Quote by outlawgal
Originally Posted by gmsje
It helps get your mind off of how your fingers work and lets the fingers get a mind of their own.

Actually gmsje's comment makes some sense. I spent so much time stressing on whether I had my fingers in the right place that everything was coming out VERY disjointed. When I quit and just closed my eyes and started playing without looking or worrying about things, I played right through a song I'd been having fits with.

Thanks for the word up outlawgal.
i miss you by blink182 isnt on one string. it used 1 power chord shape on the A D G strings.