fender hot rod deluxe: strictly for blues? people here have been saying its a versatile amp for rock, blues even metal. then this dude in a local shop says its only for blues. is he a moron or am i ignorant?
i've thought of byuing one but wont if its a clean blues box.
sorry bit pointless thread. anyways.

i've always said workers in a guitar store dont know ****. dont bother them. they only work there
Without pedals, it's pretty much blues/country/garage rock. With an overdrive, it can do metal. I'm not a fan of Fender distortions anyway. They're a little too buzzy for my tastes.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Without pedals, it's pretty much blues/country/garage rock. With an overdrive, it can do metal.

ok thx, i knew it. salesmen dont know ****
Quote by Schecter83
I use my dads 1990 hotrod deluxe and im in a metal band it juss depends on what kind of pedal you have

umm.. whats a good od/dist pedal?
simon & jekyll? or whatever it is, is it worth your money?
Jekyl & Hyde is a good one. Tubescreamer is another. I love the Pro Co Rat, personally, but that's more for abusive rhythm playing. Not a lot of buttery tones there.
Hi, I'm Peter
i wrote an article saying that it could be used for metal with the help of a good distortion pedal. It is a bluesy amp, but put a metalzone in front of it and watch out, youll have pretty fantastic metal distortion.
Quote by vampwizzard
i wrote an article saying that it could be used for metal with the help of a good distortion pedal. It is a bluesy amp, but put a metalzone in front of it and watch out, youll have pretty fantastic metal distortion.

cool. this means its a pretty versatile box eh?
They can do almost anything with an (or a few) overdrive pedal(s).
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
thx for the replys ppl

Quote by vampwizzard
for 500 bucks, yeah.

omg.
here it'll cost about 950euro = 1200 bucks
why do i have to live in this ****ing nordic forest here the sons of biatches take all our money

coz the thing is, i do have a problem with money, i dont have a summer job, my dad said he'll help me out on the financial side but he wont buy me a amp that costs a grand. how much would one cost on ebay? and do any of the sellers on ebay sell their stuff to europe aswell?
Last edited by AmIEvil? at Jun 7, 2006,
What you should do to save money, is go to a shop, play the hot rod with a few overdrives, pick ones you really like, and if you like all of them together, buy them separetely on eBay.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah, i live in norway, and i ordered my fender hot rod off of ebay. It cost me a 1,000 dollars in the end, but the deville ones go for a bit more than the deluxes though

The hot rod is one of the amps with the best cleans of all the amps in its price range, and with a good pedal it can do metal as well. Its better to buy an amp with good cleans than one with good drive, coz you can always do something about the drive
the problem is that my dad doesnt believe in ebay. and i cant afford it on my own.

dad: "ill rather buy you an amp for 1000 than with 500 from ebay and lose my money"
me: "ok dad, can you buy me the 1000 amp?"
dad: "no"

edit: i know its pretty safe to buy from ebay, aslong as you get a seller with high % feedback and stuff, but how can i ensure it (i.e. prove to my dad that he wont be throwing his money in a well)
Just order it online maybe? Im sure there are some places that can ship......to Norway...maybe?

If so then theres no tax and they wont rip you off...if they charge shipping that might be a little more (but at least it wont come out to a grand)

i dunno i dont live in Norway it may be a stupid idea
i could get one for maybe under 500 bucks wich is like 370 euro (here its 1000) plus shipping ofc.. but
i live in finland, a place where they charge 5 bucks for a pick
i think buying online is your best bet...give it a shot (its gotta be cheaper that way no matter the shipping costs)
is everything in finland expensive or is it just guitar stuff? ill send you a pack of picks and you can make a fortune!
"The shopowner and his son ... well that's an entirely different story altogether ... I had to beat them to death with their own shoes."
Finland expensive?? HAH!

You should come to norway. Over here, the retail price for a fender hot rod deluxe is 1,500 bucks
Quote by taper_fra_nord
Finland expensive?? HAH!

You should come to norway. Over here, the retail price for a fender hot rod deluxe is 1,500 bucks

owwwwwww..... gotta hurt...

Quote by thenexthendrix
is everything in finland expensive or is it just guitar stuff? ill send you a pack of picks and you can make a fortune!

yeah its an expensive country, depends on the models though. i guess the hotrod is so expensive coz they order them straight from the states. and about those picks i was exaggerating.. but its a damn expensive country.
Thing I figured out when I tried it: Whether you use it for country, blues, metal, hard rock, pink-floyd style ... It's amazingly versatile with the right pedals.
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

what would be the best od/dist pedal for the (semi high) rock distortion (motorhead, ac/dc, gnr, etc) with maybe a hint of metal
Hmm, I'd suggest a Boss Blues Driver for the classic rock type of stuff, and maybe a Tubescreamer aswell, but you won't get that much gain out of them.

Maybe a Jeckl+Hyde?
Don't be afraid to care"