Hey,

My Schecter S-1 blackjack just didn't feel and sound right for me. So, I just bought an Agile AL-3100 MOP the other day from Kurt at Rondo. I know the stock pickups are aright but I want something more "heavy". With some extra money I am thinking of going with the EMG 81/85 set. Does anyone have some recordings I could listen to of this pickup combo in their Agile vs. the stock ones?

Also how would EMG's look on a Cherry Sunburst model. Should I go black or white?

Thanks,
Josh
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000
2006 Schecter S-1 Blackjack
I have never played an Agile, but if you want good cleans as well, I'd look into getting an 81/60 combo instead of 81/85, also I thinkit'd look better in white than black
Quote by JB87
Hey,

My Schecter S-1 blackjack just didn't feel and sound right for me. So, I just bought an Agile AL-3100 MOP the other day from Kurt at Rondo. I know the stock pickups are aright but I want something more "heavy". With some extra money I am thinking of going with the EMG 81/85 set. Does anyone have some recordings I could listen to of this pickup combo in their Agile vs. the stock ones?

Also how would EMG's look on a Cherry Sunburst model. Should I go black or white?

Thanks,
Josh

Oh man, this is the EXACT Agile guitar and pickup setup that i'm considering!

I really wanna hear this too.

Also, EMG makes white pickups?
Also, EMG makes white pickups?

Yep, according to the EMG website you can choose, black, white, or "Ivory Cover Cap".
Go for it. If you like the feel of the guitar, it's the right wood combo for EMGs, so...

What's the worst that could happen?

Oh, and how is that 3100? I'm half-considering a 3000 myself...
I would recommend the EMG 60 in the neck over the 85. I started with the 85 in the neck of my AL-3000, and it was alright, but now that I have a 60 in there, I'll never look back.

As for clips, I did record stuff with it, but I'm not sure which clips I used the Agile for specifically. I use different guitars, swap back and forth, etc. I don't really keep track of what guitar I used for what song, etc...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Well, I haven't actually received this particular guitar yet, I just have played around with a friend's al-3000... really liked the feel and sound of it. However, I'm not a fan of those Abalone inlays so I went with the al-3100. The tone of his was alittle "bright" for my tastes...but I am grabbing some EMG's anyway.

Thanks Crunch, I will keep that in mind. I have heard good things about that combo also.

I'll post some pics of it when it arrives...that is if I don't have to send it back. I have heard of some sloppy work done on Agile guitars lately.
1999 Taylor 410 Bearclaw
2006 Agile AL-3000
2006 Schecter S-1 Blackjack
Now, I've seen reviews that say that the AL-3000 shows up and is so poorly set up, it's un playable. Uneven frets, warped neck, terrible wiring, cracked finish, cracked necks, etc... Do you think this is a very rare occurance?
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Now, I've seen reviews that say that the AL-3000 shows up and is so poorly set up, it's un playable. Uneven frets, warped neck, terrible wiring, cracked finish, cracked necks, etc... Do you think this is a very rare occurance?

Of course. You can always return it for full refunds etc.
Yeah man as soon as you get that guitar post some pictures and a review please. I am going to get that guitar in about 2 weeks when I am back from California.
dont know a lot about agile but if u have a mahogany body and neck go for emgs 81/60 and not 85 in the neck (as u see i have the 81/60 on my gothic) sounds very metal-crunch through my randall,anyway i have a problem with noise and thats a bit strange for the emg pickups i believe the guy who installed the pickup had made a wrong connection or something like that
any ideas crunchmeister?

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
crunchmeister u suggest anything for my problem^^^???

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
Quote by wylde_overdrive

I've spoken to many, many Agile owners over the past couple of years, and I've yet to hear of one guitar arrive that was factory defective. Other than a report from someone on this board whose maple binding on an AL-3000M is peeling, I've heard of no other significant cosmetic defects. The only real problems I've heard of to date are damage suffered in shipping. And Rondo has a great return / exchange policy, so it's not really an issue. Same if the guitar is defective in any way. Return it for a refund or exchange.

My AL-3000 out of the box was almost perfect. It was well set up with only a minor buzz on the low E string at the 2nd and 3rd fret. The frets were all perfectly crowned, the neck was great. After a day of adjusting to its new surroundings, the neck shifted a bit and the guitar needed a full setup (recommended on any guitar that you order and have shipped). Otherwise, I haven't have any neck or fret issues of any kind. And after a year and a half of serious abuse, the finish is still in new condition except a little buckle rash on that back. This is one well-built guitar.

I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable Les Paul copy. You get a lot of guitar for your money.

Quote by freddy692000
...anyway i have a problem with noise and thats a bit strange for the emg pickups i believe the guy who installed the pickup had made a wrong connection or something like that any ideas crunchmeister?

Yeah, noise and EMGs are 2 things that don't usually go together. But without actually hearing it and looking at the wiring myself, I can't really say what it could be. You didn't provide much info about what the noise is like, when you hear it, etc...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister

Yeah, noise and EMGs are 2 things that don't usually go together. But without actually hearing it and looking at the wiring myself, I can't really say what it could be. You didn't provide much info about what the noise is like, when you hear it, etc...

when i have the amp at the distrortion with not a lot of gain and low volume its makes noise all the time a ( zzzzzzzzz) noise when i disconnect the guitar from the amp the noise stops,when i was talking to the guy that he connected the pickups he said he didnt connect the bridge ground wire and grounded the guitar to the volume and tone tuners (does that help?) (sorry for that bad english i hope u understand)

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
wtf crunchmeister have forgotten me?

My Gear:
Behringer X V-Amp
ive never actually seens some white emgs..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.