I'm interested in maybe running my Cube and a Valve Junior (if and when I get it, although I'm very interested in getting one) at the same time and am looking into ABY boxes.

Anyone got any ideas about these? Of all the ones I've found, they all seem to be troublesome:

ART Coolswitch - apparantly the sound quality is crap, it doesn't do its job as they two channels bleed into each other.
Morley ABY switch - they break easily apparantly and I heard other reliability issues that I can't remember now.
Boss AB switch - doesn't have the ability to combine them so not really what I'm looking for.

this one seems quite promising.

Any ideas on any others? I'd say £50 is my limit at the moment, but I might go over if it's worth it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
i picked up a Boss DD6 delay, its got stereo output, so i run my blues jr and epi jr at the same time.

yes it cant be switched, but its what i use.
just another option.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ Yeh that thought did cross my mind. I'd like a delay pedal. However, I'd also like the ability to do some AB switching. It'll help if I want to compare to things very closely.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
that one you're looking at looks pretty nice. Carling and Switchcraft are pretty well known brands. I picked up a Morley GL Tripler off eBay pretty cheap, there is a guy selling them for $53USD new as B stock w/warranty. Mine was perfect though, I can't find what they saw to classify it B stock. Having 3 independent switches, I haven't noticed bleedover at all, and the booster is pretty transparent when you are using all three outputs. I haven't noticed a lot of noise with it, but my amps are quiet to begin with. For a $50 pedal, I'm pretty happy with it. Only thing is, you have to hit each button to activate the outputs, there is no 1 button that selects all outputs at once.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah, alot of the A/B y's get bad reviews tho. not sure, maybe its just hit or miss.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Erock, any idea if they're available in the UK?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
hmm, sorry man, not sure about that. I'll give ya the link to the auction where I got mine, maybe email him and see. The shipping was pretty reasonable in the states.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MORLEY-TRIPLER-3-CH-AMP-SWITCHER-COMBINER-B-STOCK_W0QQitemZ7415623247QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I've checked on the UK ebay and there is a Tripler on there, but it's £62 + postage - twice as expensive as the one you got. Plus, I'm not really looking for three outputs. I'll bare it in mind, but it's a bit more than what I wanted to spend.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
All those aby boxes are completely passive, exept the Boss one. They're easy to build, for alot less money than what you could buy one with an overpriced brand name painted on it for.
These go to eleven...
^ That's interesting. Do you know how much it would cost to build one?

Anyone in the UK wanna build me one?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I'm not very hands-on at all. I mean I could give it a go, but I'm not sure what kinda contraption I'd produce...
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
hey samDking, im looking at gettign the epi valve junior head aswell , exccept ill be runing it stereo into my 4x12 with an Mg running of an xvamp. i should get quite some interesting soudns with that kinda combo, and i was thinkking of getting aby switcher. but they seem extremely simple so once i get a schematic of one, i'll prolyl build one myself. hopefulyl godofshred can get that schematic up soon
Cost to make one?

7 USD for a box.
12 USD for switches.
3 USD for two jacks.
.5 USD for two LED's.
1 USD for two LED holders.

That would be way better quality than anything you can for your price range too.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I thought about wiring one up too, but after I priced it out, it didn't seem that far off from some of the cheaper passive ABY boxes like the ART box. I was seeing $6-8 bucks per switch, $1.50 per 1/4 jack, $8-12 for enclosure, $1 per LED, $4 for a packet of JFET's, etc.. By the time you are done soldering and wiring, you aren't that far from the $35.

EDIT: yeah I guess you have a point Pink, it would be better quality.
amp clips
amp vids
^ A lot of people have said that the ART box has problems with bleeding from each output. Is this true? And would this be a problem if I were to make my own?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I'm sure theres a way to isolate the two jacks. Attenuators?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
It shouldn't be a problem. This is a typical ABY circuit, the way I'd do it anyway.

These go to eleven...