i need desperate help...i joined a funk band at my school...playing funk is no problem to me, but my tone for funk is terrible...i need help quick because we are having a practice tomorow..all i need are basic settings..i would post this in the settings forum, but i need this info quick, so sorry bout that

thx
funk is more how you play. just dial in a punchy clean tone and think about buying a compressor.
kool kool
soo i want to get clean tone... how would i go about do that? cut on mids? raise the treble? raise bass? any suggestions ..by the way i agree that funk is mostly how u play.
Use the in-between settings on your p/u selector. Usually you will want a fairly bright clean tone, so lower the bass and raise the treble on your amp. Use chord voicings on the higher strings. Try to attack the strings with your pick so that you get a strong snappy sound and use some scratches in-between the chords.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
also these funk dudes love their wah pedals.

also, I'm probaly use them, but i am yet to learn the meaning of chord voicing, anyone care to enlighten me (dont forget to contribute to the origional topic though)
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Quote by enjoieverything
kool kool
soo i want to get clean tone... how would i go about do that? cut on mids? raise the treble? raise bass? any suggestions ..by the way i agree that funk is mostly how u play.

Well what amp do you have?

Usually for funk, you raise the treble,mids just past half way, and bass quite under half way.
And use the pickup nearest to your bridge, and if you've got a Strat, try playing on the poisition inbetween the bridge and mid.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30