OK, I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to what I should learn to play next. I'm looking for something in the difficulty level around about In Too Deep by Sum 41's solo or Dire Straits' Tunnel of Love outro solo. Any genre except Heavy Metal and above (Doom, Death, Black, etc.).

Thanks in advance.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Led Zeppelin. Most of them arent too hard. Try for instance:

Stairway to Heaven

Heartbreaker,

Whole Lotta Love

Communication Breakdown
wow...

simpily if you wanna be a very good solo player, you need to try to dip into some thrash, speed, or prog metal. look at avenged sevenfold, espically at beast and the harlot. i realize you may not be a metal fan, thats your prefrence, but honestly, lots of punk guitarist dont know the first thing about a fast solo, and most metal players dont know a thing about slow solos. to be a really good player its a good idea to learn all styles of music, look into a guy named John-5, the king of shread. hes a proper example of a very good guitarist.
Try Hummer by Smashing Pumpkins, the intro solo is a little challanging but the main solo is easy, then the outro solo is a little harder.
You should listen to some metal open up what you listen to. I'd recommend the solo to Master Of Puppets by Metallica even if you dont like that music that solo isn't to hard but very fun to play.
try some gary moore - still got the blues, needs feeling as well as skill
Thanks very much to y'all. I listened to some of the metal and thrash stuff WhenAllIsLost2 and I quite like it. Please keep the suggestions coming.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society