Poll: When you write a song do you make the lyric or music first.
Poll Options
View poll results: When you write a song do you make the lyric or music first.
Lyrics
9 30%
Music
21 70%
Voters: 30.
When you want to make a song do you write the lyrics first or the music.
I personally make the lyrics first I dont know why.
Then i try to sing it in a cool way and then i search for cool riffs.
How do you do?
I always write the lyrics first. Of course, there is no substitute for just aimlessly diddling around to get the riffs though.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

personally i wrote the music first, but generally lyrics are written first.
i usally write the guitar part out first and try to make lyrics around the riffs
Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

some guy today was all like, " ahah dude likez OMG you wanna see ma HUGE SAUSAGGE??? likez ZOMG its tEH biggest EVER! " And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
You're supposed to write the music first, but I rarely do. I get the best results when I write them both at the same time.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
i write the music first for guitar, then i come up with a bass and drum until i have a good song, then i add lyrics in.
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
i write music first, but i keep in mind the sort of tone and theme that i want the lyrics to have. then piece the lyrics around it. but i can do it the other way if i wanted to.
i need to get a better signature.
Quote by hoobariffer87
You're supposed to write the music first, but I rarely do. I get the best results when I write them both at the same time.

who told you that.

Theres no right or wrong way to do it. Great songs can be produced either way round
Quote by hoobariffer87

, supposed to... but yeah, that can work the best, but I can't ever get that to happen. I tend to concentrate on one thing. If I tried to do both, I'd have to mediocre halves of a song.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

lyrics, then i get inspiration around those lyrics to make good riffs
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
I write the lyrics and think up of riffs to go with them in my head while I write. Then, if I can remember everything, I work it all out on my guitar.
i write several songs at a time and then i plan words for one of them, i see which one the words suit best
I have no lyrics.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
I have no lyrics.

Same, voice hasn't completely changed yet, so I won't be singing.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I generally write the lyrics first, then use the guitar to help convey the lyrics
though sometimes, the guitar parts just come to me first
My rig:
Ibanez GRG170DX with Swineshead Warthog and Venom
Ibanez TCY10
Vintage V99CS
Boss MT-2
Boss OD-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Zoom 606
Randall RG50TC
Marshall MG50DFX
I do a bit of both. If I come up with a good riff, I build and expand on it but usually I write lyrics first. I can't write melodies though, I just make them up first time I put the lyrics and music together.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Resiliance
I have no lyrics.

haha... yeah, usually the lyrics, but it really depends on whether or not the song is instrumental.