how do you do them?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
touch the string very gently above the wire of the 12th fret with your left hand and pluck the string with your right hand.
lightly lay your finger along the 12th fret, put very very very VERY little pressure on the strings - not enough to even fret them, mind you - and strum/pick the strings you want
Quote by burningcowsrule
...even if you made and Adolf Hitler appreciation thread you wouldnt get flamed half as much as youre about to

-Responding to a BJ Armstrong thread
Quote by SGRocker0791

Atreyu is Hardcore.

Quote by Sargasm

Fans of hardcore probably wouldn't appreciate you saying that
Gently place your finger on the string at the 12th fret but don't push hard, just a tiny contact area.
Am I the only person who rests it gently but then pulls it off immediately after I pick it? :/

And yeah, I find it easiest on frets 5 (Plays root note of string - On E string = E) , 7 (Plays perfect fifth of string root - On E string = B), 12 (Plays root note of string On E string = E), and 19 (Plays perfect fifth of string root - On E string = B) - at least that's to the best of my knowledge (That's what a friend told me, when I played them to him and he checked it against a piano).
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last edited by JamieB at Jun 7, 2006,
Quote by JamieB
Am I the only person who rests it gently but then pulls it off immediately after I pick it? :/

And yeah, I find it easiest on frets 5, 7, 12, and 19.

yeah, most people do duh
Most people pull the finger off or most people find it easiest on those frets? >.<
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

alright thanks
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
you can also get natural harmonics on the 7th, 5th, and 3rd (pending on you guitar)
Don't forget you can induce any natural harmonics any where else along the fretboard. IE: if you want a harmonic on the 13th fret, you can fret the first fret of that string, play the note, then tap above the 13th fret to sound the harmonic. You can also pick with your thumb and middle finger while holding you index on the 13th fret. If you get good at this you can play notes you couldn't normally play on your guitar.

Bry