I have an alder epiphone flying V with a floyd rose. I play mostly metal (Old Metallica, Children of Bodom, God Forbid, Lamb of God, Megadeth, etc.) NO nu-metal crap like disturbed or any of that grossness. Which pickups do you suggest besides EMG's? I have a Peavey Studio Pro 110 but I am getting a roland cube 60 really soon.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
How about Dimarzio's or a Seymour Duncan Screamin Demon for the bridge and a 59' in the neck?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
dont get emg cause u have alder body,

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
why are EMG's bad with alder bodies??? I keep hearing that
EMGs tend to be too trebly in alder bodies, EMGs are better suited for mahogany bodies.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I was thinking about one of these for the bridge http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-LWHMET-Livewire-Metal-Humbucker?sku=300260

But what could I put in the neck that would sound really good with it and has decent clean tones?
If you are looking for great active, get Dave Mustaine's livewires, they have great cleans as well as distorted tones.

Seymour Duncan Livewires Dave Mustaine Signatures
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Put a 496R Hot Ceramic in the neck and a 500T Super Ceramic in the bridge. Thats what Gibson used to put in the original '67 V. And those worked and still work for metal players.
Active are ok for new metal, but for vintage metal go with old school ceramic humbuckers.
Once more into the breach...

Bill Lawrence L500xl bridge, L500c or r neck. Absolutely awesome pickups, good price too.

www.billlawrence.com
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^I live in USA can I get them here?
Quote by Pants99
^I live in USA can I get them here?

I believe they're ONLY available in the US.

Just for reference, Dimebag used one.
Maybe a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker for the bridge coupled with an Invader.

EMG's are often criticized as being "sterile", and I'm kind of inclined to agree with that. They might give you too much of a mall-metal tone.
Last edited by ColRockhardt at Jun 8, 2006,
Quote by Danno13
I believe they're ONLY available in the US.

Just for reference, Dimebag used one.

Guitar Center? Sam Ash? Where?
You gotta order 'em online.

EDIT ColRock thingy: Those pickups aren't really so good.
Yeah, I'm a bit out of my element here. Don't know too much about heavier metal pickups.
You can order L500s directly from Bill Lawrence with a phone call.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.