Page 1 of 2
i guess its that time of the month for me...
you know, when your musical tastes change and you're after something other than grind or posi edge.

if found myself right in the middle of a crisis. well not really a crisis.
its sorta like a drug binge, i need more of what i've already had/got alot of.

and what i need more of is kinsella bands or anything similar to them...
the softer songs with a more angular approach to the structure and/or lyrics.

ive already got quite a few but any help would be much appreciated.

stay posi.
[im not a posi kid, i just like the term.]
Wtf is posi?

EDIT: American Football so this isn't spam.
Last edited by the_astronaut at Jun 7, 2006,
(All the bands Im leaving have atleast one of the kinsella brothers in them, or they are a Capn Jazz based band)

Owen
Joan of Arc
Capn Jazz
Make Believe
Maritime
Owls
Love of Everything
The Promise Ring
Friend Enemy
American Football
Ghosts and Vodka
Vermont
Noyes
Tim Kinsella's Solo Work
Sam Zurick
Everyoned
Sky Corvair
Toe

Haha I just tore this thread up, those are basically all the bands youll ever need if you dig the Kinsellas as much as I do. Mike and Tim have also done some work in some other random bands but Im not sure of all of them.
thread = owned to hell.
you helped quite alot, thankyou

a few questions...

a.) where can i get "everyoned"? i tried slsk yesterday and it returned no results.
b.) what the fuck is people dick? not as in the sam zurick song, but the term? ive seem it sprayed all over the net.
c.) besides "love of everything", which of those projects has bobby burg on vocals?

astronaut = posi, positive hardcore.
its about 3084309803 better than hate edge.
Quote by another_vandal
thread = owned to hell.
you helped quite alot, thankyou

a few questions...

a.) where can i get "everyoned"? i tried slsk yesterday and it returned no results.
b.) what the fuck is people dick? not as in the sam zurick song, but the term? ive seem it sprayed all over the net.
c.) besides "love of everything", which of those projects has bobby burg on vocals?

I've got the Everyoned disc. PM me I know it's hard to find.
People Dick is Sam Zurick's solo project. Don't think he's done a ton on it, featured on the 'Utopian hologram swallowers' split (CD version).
There's a couple of tracks on the Joan of Arc '...presents guitar duets' CD that has Bobby Burg on, but no vocals.

Quote by stratstrummer40
(All the bands Im leaving have atleast one of the kinsella brothers in them, or they are a Capn Jazz based band)

Owen
Joan of Arc
Capn Jazz
Make Believe
Owls
Love of Everything
Friend Enemy
American Football
Tim Kinsella's Solo Work
Everyoned
Sky Corvair
Toe

Haha I just tore this thread up, those are basically all the bands youll ever need if you dig the Kinsellas as much as I do. Mike and Tim have also done some work in some other random bands but Im not sure of all of them.

There we go. Removed the ones that have nothing to do with the Kinsellas

If you want something very similar to Cap'n Jazz, The Kossabone Red are for you
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
also, you might like some itch. theyre kind of capn jazzish in places. if you only download one track, let it be 'do you know what fear is?'
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
^ Yeah, great recommendation there.

Since I can't edit my last post without my computer f*cking up...

Tim Kinsella:
Joan of Arc
Cap'n jazz
sky corvair
make believe
owls
friend/enemy
toe (variant)
everyoned
a set (science of living things)
the eclectics ('here today' from 'The Look Ahead')
tim kinsellas

Mike Kinsella:
Joan of Arc
Cap'n jazz
American football
Owen
Oneupdownstairs
Owls
Kyle fisher

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by another_vandal
astronaut = posi, positive hardcore.
its about 3084309803 better than hate edge.

Oh right thanks, so I'm guessing it's like straight edge?
^ not exactly. i know that quite a few posi bands are staight edge, but you always get people saying 'life is posi' and all that and they're not straight edge. i dont know where im going with this. and mmmm, love me some cap n jazz, i never really got the kinsella brothers, i bought a joan of arc cd once though. it was strange and done really raw and live. i cant remember where it is now though.
rites of nothing.
^Can you give me some examples of some posi bands? I'm intrigued.

Sorry to go off topic, but the thread has been answered already.
I get to see Make Believe with Cursive on July 7th. It will be totally amazing.
Quote by emomints
Green day have to be one of the biggest emo bands in the world (and I still love them). Which do you lot think is there most emo song 'coz me and my friend can't decide lol
Quote by the_astronaut
^Can you give me some examples of some posi bands? I'm intrigued.

Sorry to go off topic, but the thread has been answered already.

seconded, i'd like to hear something about this new trend a ma jig

OWLS IN THE HOUSE
good clean fun.
they get posi on yo' ass
as well as youth brigade and youth of today.

they are probably the bigger names.

ps: enough with the posi and more with the kinselli.

pps: guitarslinger, i hate you.
=[
take photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by another_vandal at Jun 9, 2006,
Ahh Good Clean Fun, one of their stickers came with a shirt I got a while back.

I thought it was a joke lolz, but thanks for the bands, I'll get downloading.
A JOKE!~_(_(_(~_~~~~!!!!!!
IS A TROLLY BAR TO YOUR FACE A JOKE???
soz about the aggression. listening to xtyrantx and xthrowdownx has got me in a mudhole stompin' mood.

download "the myspace song" and "positive hardcore"

OK, CUT THE POSI STARTING...now.
Hahah. Posi is genius..so...violent..??!

It's kinda like straight edge or summat from hearing.

But yeah, Kinsella bands..they're good. Uh..yeah.
posi should never be violent.

listen to "never back down" by xthrowdownx
that is too gut wrenching for life, if it were around in the early to mid 1900's i have no doubt in my mind that hitler would be the singer.
its pretty much tyranical music which oozes pure violent maliciousness into the ear cavities of all those which listen.

hate edge and posi are 2 different things, dont get confused with the common link that they both share (edge)
This posi thing sounds extremely gay.

Quote by GuitarSlinger
I get to see Make Believe with Cursive on July 7th. It will be totally amazing.

Be sure to ask Nate how he liked the men in jail

RateYourMusic
andrew, you are sounding no different than a member of the metal forum coming to bash emo...

ps: im sure nate would write him off for asking such a question.
Quote by another_vandal
andrew, you are sounding no different than a member of the metal forum coming to bash emo...

Sue me
It does though, as does emo. People are so uninventive with new names for genres.

RateYourMusic
Quote by another_vandal
posi should never be violent.

listen to "never back down" by xthrowdownx
that is too gut wrenching for life, if it were around in the early to mid 1900's i have no doubt in my mind that hitler would be the singer.
its pretty much tyranical music which oozes pure violent maliciousness into the ear cavities of all those which listen.

hate edge and posi are 2 different things, dont get confused with the common link that they both share (edge)

Aren't Throwdown really bad? I have a live video of them somewhere. I'll give that song a try though.

There are too many edges nowadays..

But yeah. The Kinsellas..uh..
andrew0fbodo/X\ much? lol.

leave throwdown alone!!!!
clearly im telling you guys these things "for my family for my friends"
Quote by the_astronaut
Aren't Throwdown really bad? I have a live video of them somewhere. I'll give that song a try though.

Haha, Throwdown are fun

"For my friends, for my family, straight fucking edge!"

Those Xs really irritate me for some reason. I know a few "in your face" straightedgers with some retarded tattoos. I mean, who gets "fringeXcore" tattooed on the inside of their lip? Jesus. (btw, that wasn't an answer to the question, Jesus probably hasn't got that tattoo)

There also seems to be an influx of 14 year old self proclaimed Straight Edgers where I live... What's that all about? Well done kids, you've made the decision not to do drugs, have casual sex or drink alcohol. I bet that'll really make growing up tough
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I love how straight edge kids are nearly always below the legal age for alcohol and sex, but when they hit 18...

&lolz, Throwdown's cover of Baby Got Back is omgXcore. No really, it's fun.

&"RAISE YOUR FIST IN THE AIR...DRUG FREE" are these guys for real?
Last edited by the_astronaut at Jun 9, 2006,
ok, if someone clicked "last post" on this thread and read the the last 7 posts i swear to god that they would think the kinsellas have gone edge.

i pretty sure all those 14 year olds who claim edge are pathetic, thay are just abiding by the law.

now shut the fuck up about edge and throwdown.

andrewofbodo/X\, make them shut up
"Try and try...YOU CAN'T STOP THE CHANGE. Move that floor and don't stop mothafucka. GO!"

Ohkay, I'll stop now with the straightedge
Quote by andrewbiles
I've got the Everyoned disc. PM me I know it's hard to find.
People Dick is Sam Zurick's solo project. Don't think he's done a ton on it, featured on the 'Utopian hologram swallowers' split (CD version).
There's a couple of tracks on the Joan of Arc '...presents guitar duets' CD that has Bobby Burg on, but no vocals.

There we go. Removed the ones that have nothing to do with the Kinsellas

If you want something very similar to Cap'n Jazz, The Kossabone Red are for you

Well I knew that they all didnt have a Kinsella in them, but they they are bands that have had members associated before with the kinsellas. Sorry though I shoulda split the groups in two.
Quote by another_vandal
ok, if someone clicked "last post" on this thread and read the the last 7 posts i swear to god that they would think the kinsellas have gone edge.

i pretty sure all those 14 year olds who claim edge are pathetic, thay are just abiding by the law.

now shut the fuck up about edge and throwdown.

, ok... Let's talk about Owls

Seriously though, I'm going to buy the Cap'n Jazz (I'm not actually sure where abouts that apostrophe should be) album this weekend and see what all the fuss is about

EDIT: changed spelling error. I'm anal
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Jun 10, 2006,
^ Well it's after the 'p' as they named themselves after a character they were making up called 'Captain Jazz'. Most people seem to say their name like it should be Cap and Jazz, but it's meant to be more like Cap-in Jazz.

Quote by another_vandal

Yes, shut up peeps. Don't wanna bring in the negative vibes.

RateYourMusic
........ wow.............

What's edge?

Anyway, anyone else of the opinion that Mike is the best thing to come from caP'n Jazz?

Though I have yet to hear Tim's solo stuff.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
........ wow.............

What's edge?

Anyway, anyone else of the opinion that Mike is the best thing to come from caP'n Jazz?

Though I have yet to hear Tim's solo stuff.

Its hard to decided really, I like Nate but I believe Tim and Mike have gone on to have better careers, and when I think of who I like more as Tim or Mike, I usually say Mike only because Owen is my favorite Kinsella project overall and that is basically Mikes solo thing. But still Tim in other bands is still so amazing.
Quote by stratstrummer40
Its hard to decided really, I like Nate but I believe Tim and Mike have gone on to have better careers, and when I think of who I like more as Tim or Mike, I usually say Mike only because Owen is my favorite Kinsella project overall and that is basically Mikes solo thing. But still Tim in other bands is still so amazing.

isn't Mike Kinsella in jail? My friend was saying something about his tour stopping for a bit because he got arrested.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Quote by fenderfreak101
isn't Mike Kinsella in jail? My friend was saying something about his tour stopping for a bit because he got arrested.

hahahaa Whyd he get arrested by the Po-Po's?!
Rabbits?

Quote by Grovermans
why would she suck your dick?

she's not related to you...
^^ Nate is, out on the 19th. And he didn't have anything to do with Cap'n Jazz. I believe he's their (Tim & Mike) cousin.

The best thing to come out of Cap'n Jazz was the collaborations of Sam and Victor.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2