Symphony X!

Sounded good man, keep it up with the Symphony X stuff though.

Maybe try Inferno next?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
uptill now, it sounds pretty damn spot on...

hmmm, i like the backing track, its almost perfect.

The guitar sounds awesome in tone and everything else, i don't notice any mistakes. Holy ****, you're doing the shred parts pretty damn spot on. I'm impressed, this is a badass cover. Vocals would've been awesome too...

Great Job, Symphony X are exceptionally hard to cover in general.
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Sounded good man, keep it up with the Symphony X stuff though.
Maybe try Inferno next?

cool, thanx...i'm sure gonna give it a try, we'll see

Quote by pinholes89
uptill now, it sounds pretty damn spot on...

hmmm, i like the backing track, its almost perfect.

The guitar sounds awesome in tone and everything else, i don't notice any mistakes. Holy ****, you're doing the shred parts pretty damn spot on. I'm impressed, this is a badass cover. Vocals would've been awesome too...

Great Job, Symphony X are exceptionally hard to cover in general.

hey, thanx for the positive replies...btw. the vocals we'll be there in a couple of days, i think...
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't...heh
Where did you get the backing track?
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
nice playin man, probably one of the best things i heard on this site, really skillfull and spot on !
only the tone was more petrucci than romeo, but a good one
I absolutely love this song. I was listening to it before I even came it to the cover recordings forum. Anyways,I'll start with the opening,its very well played with little or no dead notes/string noise. However,its noticably out of tune(a string tuning problem,not your playing) which kind of gets annyoing.

Ok,its playing the verse now,like it. Very nice tone. The fills(Romeo plays just after the intro) are quite sloppy in some parts but awesome in others. I'd work on the consistency The guitar is still out of tune throughout,I'm not sure which string but its really noticable to me anyways.

The solo duel around 4:30 is again ok but a lot of it is quite sloppy,especially the sweep-taps at the end(I know what a bitch they are though!).

Overall its pretty good except for those parts I mentioned and the tuning issue. 7/10.

If you work at it a bit more,possibly slowing down those parts even further just to clean them up I'm sure it willl sound much better. And fair play for attempting such a moster of a song,credit where its due bro'. Good job.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
wow, thanx for the detailed analysis..
.the solos were a product of a 5 min looking at the tabs and recording at the same time (poor me, romeo's gonna kill me ), i was just messing around, cause i had to finish the song because some guy is gonna put some vocals over it...it's aint fair from me to demolish such a great song with such great solos, but i promise i'll learn them at their full complexity
(btw. those sweep-taps are a biatch )
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't...heh