If I got jcm800 for not just the occasional gig but to put in my room. Would that be way to loud and powerful for a bedroom? I like the tone of a cranked marshall. should I got with a 50? Id rather have a 100 for live I think but for room would it work at all? would say a 50 watta jcm800 head be the same as the 50 watt amplifier in a jcm800 combo? thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Devon8822
If I got jcm800 for not just the occasional gig but to put in my room. Would that be way to loud and powerful for a bedroom? I like the tone of a cranked marshall. should I got with a 50? Id rather have a 100 for live I think but for room would it work at all? would say a 50 watta jcm800 head be the same as the 50 watt amplifier in a jcm800 combo? thanks

50w will be plenty to blow your eardrums. Even my solid state MG50DFX keeps my ears ringing for a while at 3 on the volume knob. Tube amps are louder, so 50w will be more than enough for practice in your room, band practice, and gigs.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
use a Marshall 100 watts of tubes in your bedroom and youll be deaf at 55 yrs old lollll Its way too loud for a bedroom, get a 50 watts.
Even 50 watts will blow your eardrums if you make it loud enough. Just keep it at reasonable volumes and it should work perfectly though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You could use a volume pedal in the fx loop and control the amps power (I think).

Then unleash mighty marshall power at gigs.
Quote by King'sXfan590
Emo hating is becoming a bigger trend than being emo.

Quote by 1,57$
Is there mosh pits in James Blunt shows?
^Still, even for gigs he won't need more than 50w tube power. Just mic the amp and you're done.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Like said, even a 50 watt will blow your eardrums (and possibly your mind). Get the 50 watter and get an attentiator to go with it.
Very true. My 60 watt deville is loud enough to wake the neighbor hood (no Joke).

So really it what you want Manliness or cost effective.
Quote by King'sXfan590
Emo hating is becoming a bigger trend than being emo.

Quote by 1,57$
Is there mosh pits in James Blunt shows?
If you don't think 50 watts is loud enough for your gigs (would they should be! if they aren't too big) then go with the 100.

If you like the sound of a cranked Marshall, get an attenuator.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
The volume difference between the 50 and 100 watts isn't going to be very noticable. You'll just have more headroom with the 100 watts.

Both are way more then you need for practice, especially being tube!

Find a 50 watt-er, get an attenuator, let 'er rip.
If I were you I'd use a 50 watt for your bedroom, just keep it on low volume and then have a back up half stack for gigs, because if you're like me and you like your drummers and bassists loud, you need a big amp.
Quote by Ibzman
use a Marshall 100 watts of tubes in your bedroom and youll be deaf at 55 yrs old lollll Its way too loud for a bedroom, get a 50 watts.

50 watts is only 3db quieter than 100 watts.
Wattage is a measure of headroom, not volume.
i woodnt use a 100 watt unless u have no windows or doors so the sound can escape.... id definitely go with the 50
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"