I've been looking at Jackson DKMG's with the TurboCharger, reverse headstock, emg's, archtop, and floyd rose. The prices i have found range from $700 to $850. Is this guitar worth the money? If so, what did you like about it?
whats the charger do?
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Charger is the EMG booster. It's 9V active.

I think it has a push/pull knob
Quote by Chazzy29
Charger is the EMG booster. It's 9V active.

I think it has a push/pull knob

Correct, 20 dB of extra gain. And you'll hear me say it millions of times, the Jackson bolt on neck is so gay. If they would redesign it and shape it like Ibanez, their guitars would sell soooooooo much better.
Pros and cons... we could find things that isn't so good by Ibanez. It's all about personal preference.
I have the Jackson DKMGT the non trem, i love it, its now my main AXE w/ besides my two ibanez's, now i really would suggest that if you got it, change hte pickups, becuase they really arent good. Now i have Seymour Duncans on mine. IMO the active boost doesnt really do much for me and my SS amp. Ims ure itd work fine for you if you had a tube amp. But w/ a solid state amp, it really doesnt do ne thing. It jsut created a lot more static n fuzz for me, like more feedback. It's got a very nice feel, not as fast as my rg, but pretty fast. I love my guitar, and i got it on a discount sale -- $329
Quote by akornkid15
I've been looking at Jackson DKMG's with the TurboCharger, reverse headstock, emg's, archtop, and floyd rose. The prices i have found range from $700 to $850. Is this guitar worth the money? If so, what did you like about it?

Have you tried it out yet??? If a guitar store close by or in reaching distance has one in stock, go and try it out. Also try out other guitars, because you may prefer the feel of say, an Ibanez guitar (i love Jackson guitars by the way).
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
i hate jacksons. theres something about the necks i dont like. id much rather have an ESP. youd have to try it though, you might feel differently than i do
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I agree... There is a reason why so many professionals choose Jackson.... They ROCK!

originally posted by: akornkid15 Well, i don't think that Jackson being bought out by Fender helped any.

Damn guys, just because it was bought out by fender doesnt mean anything, Fender Musical Instrument Co. (FMIC) did buy out jackson in 2003, but kept all the original staff members and luthiers because they know jacksons are way different then fenders, fender doesnt have any say in the making of the guitars they just own the name, FMIC did move the jackson production into the same building as the fender line, but like i said the production lines and personnel are seperate. a jackson from today still rips like one from ten years ago, if not better seeing as since they are owned by fender they have more of an access to engineering, sales and marketing resources that they never had in the past. so please stop saying that it being bought out by fender is reason for low quality, do some research next time before making stupid assumpitons of current model jacksons
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Last edited by Mr.Norris at Jun 8, 2006,
I love the jackson slsmg soloist neck. I hate ibanez guitars though.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
The DKMG i was looking at had EMG 81's and 85's, which i prefer a lot better than the HZ's. Plus, i like the jackson neck, because it's so thin. I mean, i love Gibson guitars, and i love their sound, but jackson's neck is a lot easier to play for me.