well I've been looking for a new amp for a while. I'm bored with the one I have and I want to sell it (its a groove tubes Soul-O 45 if anyone's interested PM me) I've been convinced that I want a Marshall because that dirty sound is my favorite, but I was in guitar center the other day ad I played an old Fender (Vibrolux I wanna say?) and the clean tone was AMAZING. my problem is that I want both tones, and I don't have the money. Is there any way I can get the clean tone of a high end fender and the dirty tone of a high end Marshall together or am I gunna have to compromise?
Oh man, I tried one of those Fenders. I think it was the Vibrotone. It was delicious. I wanted to orgasm. The fact that I was playing a tele didn't help either.

Try to do clean on the Marshall, and dirty on the Fender. Whichever works our the best you should buy.
mesa boogie f-50. best clean you'll ever hear,not marshall gain but mesa gain is better.
Quote by jnl
mesa boogie f-50. best clean you'll ever hear,not marshall gain but mesa gain is better.

Mesa F-50 the best clean I'll ever hear? you need to try more gear

and I've already choosen Marshall distortion over Mesa distortion, so don't try and sway me

and Will_Minus, I feel your G.A.S. man! Iplayed one with a relic strat and now I want to switch the pickups in my strat for some Fender 54's
Hmm, you might have to make a little bit of a compromise, and go with a Traynor Blue (both things, just not quite as godly in either) or a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a Brit Booster, or some other kind of dark sounding overdrive pedal.
damn. I play my friend's Hot Rod Delux all the time, with a DS-1 for distortion. It's my DS-1 and I also have a TS-808. The distortion is pretty cool but the clean is lacking, and I can't stand the one EQ for three channels. I'll try out a Traynor Blue