My friend got a Schecter A-1 and it has a bolt-on neck. He hates bolt on and wants to set neck it. All I know is that set necks are pretty mch bolt ons except they are glued to the body. I was wondering how to glue it so I can help him out.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
They are glued in but the neck pocket is deeper. I don't know if it would be worth it to route it and it might not work. I wouldn't risk it.
Quote by myvaliantleap
They are glued in but the neck pocket is deeper. I don't know if it would be worth it to route it and it might not work. I wouldn't risk it.

i'm with this guy, not worth the risk. one wrong move and the guitar's gonna be highly screwed up
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
why does he hate the bolt on anyways?

you get better access on the higher frets with a bolt-on, and they both have the same amount of sustain...

the set neck just looks more steamlined
Quote by zeppelin68
why does he hate the bolt on anyways?

you get better access on the higher frets with a bolt-on, and they both have the same amount of sustain...

the set neck just looks more steamlined

actually it only has the same sustain if bolt on is done right, wich most of the time its not but you right about the fret acess
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
why did he buy bolt on if he don't like it?
anywhoo it aint worth the risk of possibly crapping up your guitar. tell your friend to learn to love it or sell it and next time to do some research.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Put a piece of tape over the bolts and say it's fixed.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
It's more trouble than it's worth. Your friend is an idiot for not knowing about the guitar he's buying. He should have tried it first. And, if that wasn't possible, he should have looked into it's specs better.

I say that if it's possible, he should return it. If it's been to long he should sell it and get a guitar that he actually likes.

I also disagree with bolt on necks having better fret access. My WI14 is bolt on, but the next model up (the WI64) is a set neck. The WI64 has easy access all the way up to the 22'nd fret. My WI14 has much less fret access. It's hard to reach anything past the 16th fret or so.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar