Id say alder or Maple
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch.
Originally Posted by Dyer's Eve
Bah, just **** her...

Rape is such a harsh term... I prefer to call it 'Surprise Sex'.

Founder of the I Love Family Guy Club. PM me to join.
It looks maple to me, but they look similar, I can never tell the difference between the two just by looking
alder, maple isn't as bright yellow usually untill it's stained or clear coated and that was spray over with a colour
Quote by SuperAnalytical
What kind of Strat is it, copy, Squier or Fender?

Its a copy.

Thanks for your help everyone
I think it looks like poplar. It's too orange to be alder, and it looks nothing like maple. Plus they wouldn't be making a guitar out of solid maple anyway.

Not taking any online orders.
maple topped maybe... id need some better pics; too orangish to b alder and definitely not poplar (^^howd u pull that out of thin air?)

EDIT: btw baseball kid the end part there is sarcasm and u cant read my tone of voice... relax im kidding around . i just dont think its poplar
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Last edited by epacers7 at Jun 8, 2006,
Um...I'm thinking Cord is right...as usual. Why the hell shouldn't it be popular?

You're right, I can't read your tone of voice.
"The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear" -Slash

Not a member of any clubs. Don't PM me.
Last edited by mnbaseball91 at Jun 8, 2006,
just thinking "outloud" here but poplar is a very straight grained wood.... and unless the lighting is jacked in the pictures way above ; it [poplar] is not typically colored like that unless its stained or clear coted :: i guess i shouldnt have made the assumption that the unpainted sections were straightup natural and basically untouched but id have to no to b certain
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Quote by epacers7
just thinking "outloud" here but poplar is a very straight grained wood.... and unless the lighting is jacked in the pictures way above ; it [poplar] is not typically colored like that unless its stained or clear coted :: i guess i shouldnt have made the assumption that the unpainted sections were straightup natural and basically untouched but id have to no to b certain

1st off what you are seeing in his pic is flat sawn wood. If you knew what you were talking about (your mahogany verdict on the other wood id thread proves you don't have any idea what you are talking about) then you would know that the pic he has shows straight grain. The thing is that flat sawn straight grain doesn't look like quarter sawn straight grain.

2nd, I said poplar because it looks like poplar. I didn't just pull it out of the air

3rd, the lighting is "jacked" in the pictures above. There isn't nearly enough light to get a good photo.

4th, poplar is one of the most commen woods for solid colored strat knock offs

5th poplar can be white, orange, yellow, green and sometimes it has blue and black streeks. It is inconsitant and ugly and that is why they like to keep it painted

6th maple isn't that colore either so if you are going by colore then you don't have a leg to stand on either

7th maple has a more difined grain.
Not taking any online orders.