i'm looking into getting a better amp but i dont have alot of money to deal with,so what would be the best marshall amp $400 or under? i play alot of metal like iron maiden, ozzy and slayer but then i like playing clean stuff and bluesy type things. any suggestions? tone is good too.
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
ok what about 500

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

Nope. 700 minimum, used.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by Raising_Hell
i'm looking into getting a better amp but i dont have alot of money to deal with,so what would be the best marshall amp $400 or under? i play alot of metal like iron maiden, ozzy and slayer but then i like playing clean stuff and bluesy type things. any suggestions? tone is good too.

no marshals for that cheap are any good
get more money all i can say
ok maybe i can, do tube amps get better sound than hybrids? what about a AVT150X ? gimme some ideas

Quote by Xenn99

tube amps are much preferred to hybrids, amps that aren't marshall for under 500 will be much better than marshalls under 500
any suggestions on a good tube amp?

Quote by Xenn99

haha, i wish I knew more about budget tube amps! I'm guessing you'd rather have something with good distortion instead of nice cleans, I'll do some research, but look around on Ebay
I think your budget limits you to a hybrid or at best, used tube amp. Although at Music123.com you can find Ashdown fallen angel heads for $600 or so, a great amp for that money.

Look on ebay for something like a Carvin MTS3200 or X110B.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
i sorta like both equally but idoplay more distortion, i'll look on ebay though.

Quote by Xenn99

that peavey looks nice, does it have good tone?

Quote by Xenn99

A marshall that sounds good under $400? Yes, there is one. Marshall Valvestate 8080. It's the first generation valvestate series, and it's up there with a couple of good amps. It's got all the gain you possibly will ever need, and is as loud as hell. It's probably better looking at the valvestate than the valveking.
^They are q nice amps.

1st of all, you don't need a Marshall, especially as it seems you haven't got your eyes on any particualr one.

For that price you could probably get a used valve amp, look for some Traynors, Peavey Classic 30's, Peavey Valvekings, and so on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Assuming you live in the states, a peavey delta blues or classic 30 would be suitable. Traynors just rock. fender blues deluxe or the tweed reissue are far better than the hotrod imo, as the hotrod's clean isn't as good and it has a harsh overdrive. Maybe a blues junior if money's tight. Don't buy a hybrid... once you hear a real tube amp, you'll hate it.

Good luck

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Assuming you want a Marshall for that price, a used Valvestate 8080 combo would do fine. It's widely regarded as the best solid state amp Marshall ever made. Both guitarists in my friend's band have them, and they left them here a few times while they were recording their stuff, giving me the opportunity to play with them a bit. They sound nothing like the newer AVT series. They're only hybrid, but they give a pretty reasonable Marshall-ish sound.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Check out Vox Valvetronix Amps

they're really good amps
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
is it not good to use distortion pedals with tube amps? i like the peavey valveking 112 or 212 but are they tube amps?

Quote by Xenn99