Ok I am in the process of saving for a amp. I want a combo amp first and formost. I play anything from blues, jazz, hard rock to punk rock. I'm just versatile with my tastes. I want an amp that could keep up with me basically. I would like a great warm clean channel. Bright and shinny to mellowed out. I would like a gain channel that can keep up with my versatile preferences and if a pedal is needed for extra bite then so be it, it's worth it. I would like something that will be loud enough for me to gig with down the line as this is the last amp I plan to buy for awhile. At least have enough wattage and be have a cabinet jack. At the very minimum be able to be heard over drums. The price doesn't matter at this point as I am still just saving until the time is ready. I don't want to go over $900 but if needed I will push it. Thanks for any help.
Quote by neocon58
Retarded pinky? I was excpecting a picture of a pinky in a wheelchair, repeadtedly saying 'pinkay' and grinning.
umm i just bought a Fender Deluxe 112 Plus....
its 100 watts and it has fcking amazing clean channels! the distortion sucks, but i use a ds-2 so it doesnt matter....its very loud too!!! i only turn the knob to 2 and its too loud for the drums!!!
I'm selling a Peavey Transtube 212 efx 100 watt. It's great for any type of music. When I bought it I played hardcore/metal type stuff and then went to playing rock and blues stuff with it with some friends. It has great effects on it and also a really good lead and clean channel.

Anyway, here it is. It's this one, but it's not a 1x12, its a 2x12.

http://peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/102869/number/00456370/cat/63/begin/1/TransTube%AE+112+EFX.cfm
Last edited by detailsoniceman at Jun 7, 2006,
Ehh I don't like Fender amps. I should have mentioned that earlier. Most Fenders only have one useable channel. Is the Peavey Transtube a valve amp or SS?
Quote by neocon58
Retarded pinky? I was excpecting a picture of a pinky in a wheelchair, repeadtedly saying 'pinkay' and grinning.
Quote by Progression
Ehh I don't like Fender amps. I should have mentioned that earlier. Most Fenders only have one useable channel. Is the Peavey Transtube a valve amp or SS?

SS
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Look for JCM800 combos or maybe even check out Vox AC30CC. The Vox will have great cleans and then just put a Tubescreamer or something in front of it and you will be able to get some good gain. Probably not metal, but you don't need that.
Sounds like a call for the Peavey Valveking 112!
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by RideTheAnger13
Sounds like a call for the Peavey Valveking 112!
]

Not if you have that much money. With $900 you can get a lot better than Valveking. Valvekings are good for the money but if you have more, get somethign better.
Not sure about the JCM because I never really played much Marshall's but I am willing to try it. I tried out a VoxAC can't remember the wattage but it had some amazing cleans. Next time I'll Try it with an OD pedal to see what I can get out of it. Thanks so far and keep em coming.
Quote by neocon58
Quote by Progression
Not sure about the JCM because I never really played much Marshall's but I am willing to try it. I tried out a VoxAC can't remember the wattage but it had some amazing cleans. Next time I'll Try it with an OD pedal to see what I can get out of it. Thanks so far and keep em coming.

You either played the AC15 or the AC30. I think the AC30 is a 212 also so it will push more air. With an OD it should get some good gain. No death metal, but some good gain.