Page 1 of 2
what amp woul be able to give be a children of bodom sound yet still give me stuff like my chemicla romance, and avenged sevenfold, and possible a good country type clean
line 6 ther're pretty versitile
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
2500? holy crap! no! get a Mesa, It should suit you quite well, or a Bogner, which should fit you well too

and spiritinthesky9, I love your sig, but your suggestion was terrible, haha
heres what i was think.

ltd alexi lahio 600 (and keep my epi les paul custom)
seymourduncan metal humbucker
krank revolution
randall cab
dunlop crybaby from hell
ernie ball vlume pedal
ibanez tubesreamer

and yes thats more than my budget but i wouldn't get the guitar right away. why are krank bad? and bigners are 2500 for the head alone. (uberschall)
oohh, I thought it was 2500 for the amp alone. how much do you have left after all that gear for an amp? I haven't looked into the Krank, but don't do a Mode Four, they're just really loud solid states. for the money you could get much better
well i plan on payin about 2500 maybe a bit more for just an amp and maybe pedals if needed. then i will use my epi les paul custom until i can afford another guitar AFTER my amp purchase.

and to be more specific heres what i play

john 5 (stuff like on his cd "songs for sanity"), marilyn manosn, rob zombie,children of bodom, my chemical romance, system of a down,kill hannah,metallica,pantera,queens of the stone age,trivium,turbonegro,the 69 eyes,HIM,black label society,avenged sevenfold, bloodhound gang,A.F.I.

so ya i need an amp that can give me heavy distorsion yet good cleans (and yes i know somebodys gonna recommend a mesa recto but i'm lookin for alternetives.)
Quote by Pansy Frank

so ya i need an amp that can give me heavy distorsion yet good cleans (and yes i know somebodys gonna recommend a mesa recto but i'm lookin for alternetives.)

I dont blame ya. Look at a VHT pitbull. For a high gain amp the cleans are pretty good. Otherwise check out a 5150 (bad ass distortion but the cleans need some slight chorus to sound clean).
pansy frank, your one rich @ss mofo

^1 agreed, those guys are like the gurus at EG, and GGA, they should be able to help you at out alot
ENGL powerball, carvin legacy 2x12 or a genz benz g-flex 2x12.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by xxgenocide98xx
MOTHER****ING ENGL POWERBALL

RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

agreed, much better than a dsl, IMO.

but anyway, what exact tones are you after? which ones are you willing to sacrifice to get better other tones, etc.?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, i main;y play stuff like my chemical romance and metallica, but i'm starting to learn stuff from children of bodom and john 5.

i want to be able to get a sick heavt distorsion, lighter distorsion for punk/emo stuff and john 5 some of it, then a good clean.

i'm not worried about cleans that much so if i was gonna sacrifiece somethin it woul dbe my cleans. yet i still want a semi clean tone
powerball,
or savage,
or a 5150,
or a bogner,
or a diezel,
or a mesa,
or a koch powertone,
or a conford,
or a rivera.

so we've basically gotten no where

POWERBALL.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

powerball is lookin good. people on ug obviousliy lik eit, and sound clips sound awesome.

rivera- i checked out there site, what do you guys think about the knucklehead?

bogner-i wish i could afford the uberschall but 2600 just for the head plus 1000 for a cab. unless i get a avatar cab then i could possibly get this one. your opinions.

o and umm what guitar should i get to compliment my epi les paul custom (with soon upgraded pickups). john 5 tele (mexican version) or the alexi lahio 600
the knuckle head is a good amp. you'd have to almost be a computer tech to work all those fancy knobs and switches though.

for the guitar? how much are you gonna put towards that? i really don't like either one of those guitars. a good complement to the LP would be something a little more shreddy sounding, like a jackson slmg soloist or something of the sort.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

pretty much all those amps derek suggested are good. I'll add in framus ( haven't tried), hughes and kettner, VHT and Laney for completeness.

You just need to try them, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
pretty much all those amps derek suggested are good. I'll add in framus ( haven't tried), hughes and kettner, VHT and Laney for completeness.

You just need to try them, basically.

Which is the hard part.

There is one thing you can't ever go wrong with. Ever.

POWERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ive decided to spam it in every thread. ever.)

Buy one or I'll get you with my pimp cane, bitch!
ok, i read some reviews on the KNUCKLEHEAD (not the powerball) and they say that if you have the time u can pretty get any sound u want. is this true? they also compare the cleans to a fender( ) and the distorsion being plenty heavy. so what are your opinions?
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Which is the hard part.

POWERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

true, true.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

i have no idea. i'm from wisconson (sucks rotton balls. no music stores around me)

now about the knucklehead. anygood?
Quote by Pansy Frank
the rivrera knucklehead. is it anygood?

what are the down falls of a combo amp?

combos are my favourite, everyone loves the look of a stack but i prefer the combo look, and there easier to lug around...
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

knucklehead is a good amp, no doubt. anything with that price tag better be.

downfalls of a combo amp? they're hevier i guess.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

rivera knuckle head

engls powerball

mesa dual recto (ok hate that everbody uses it but that must be for a reason)

marshall jcm 900 (do they make reissues? they say on there site but i can't find them)

marshall jcm 800 2203 reissue (one channel. makes it a little iffy.)

krank revoulution (here bad things, but i saw a video and it sounded good)

edit-also what about the framus cobra? i saw on eon music 123 b stock fer 2300 and was wonderin what they are new and if there any good?
Last edited by Pansy Frank at Jun 9, 2006,
Quote by Pansy Frank
what are the down falls of a combo amp?

I've read that combo amps allow vibrations from the speakers to travel to the tubes and pound on them a bit. Having a separate head helps insulate the preamp and poweramp tubes from the speakers' vibrations, generally increasing tube life.

Having a combo shouldn't really be much of a hindrance to you, though.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Which is the hard part.

POWERBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i know. When i was looking for an amp, I got to try about half the amps I wanted to. And I was pretty lucky, I got to try more than I expected I was going to.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok i've limited it down

marshall jcm 900

mesa triple/dual recto (how overkill is the triple? are there any real advantages of it?)

engl powerball

maybe bogner uberschall

again here are the tones i'm after

My chemical romance, Metallica, children of bodom (not too much of it),marilyn manson, john 5 (like on his solo album), rob zombie, turbonegro, 69 eyes, alter bridge (metalingus to specific),trivium, black label society
Page 1 of 2