I need a little bit of help here guys. I didn't really no where to put this thread either...sorry if its in the wrong spot.

I've been playing for two and a half years, taking lessons the whole time. I play about four hours a day. My problem is, I'm just not improving anymore and my teacher doesnt help. I'm stuck in the same spot. If you give me a tab I can play the song, but I never learn anything new. Should I find a new teacher since this one doesn't seem to be helping me get any further? Is there books I can buy to help improve my theory?(tablature form) All I pretty much do now is play with this one guy and we just solo back and forth. Also I seem to be doing the same riffs over and over again. What can help me improve my creativity? I just need help to further myself in guitar.

Maybe I should take some classical lessons to switch things up a bit?

Any help would be great.
If your teacher isn't teaching, then he isn't doing his job and should be fired.
Classical lessons are a great idea. If that doesn't kick-start your playing, nothing will.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Quote by hoobariffer87
If your teacher isn't teaching, then he isn't doing his job and should be fired.
Classical lessons are a great idea. If that doesn't kick-start your playing, nothing will.

That's what I thought, classical has to help. Cause right now all I'm doing is building up my speed. I don't care how fast I'm able to play, if I'm not learning anything more then how to play fast what's the point.
And another thing. U said theory like it's the same or similar to tabs. It's really not. Try learning some basic piano theory. That will open up your guitar abilities and songmaking skills.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
It's probably worth having a conversation with your current teacher before moving on to someone else. Explain that you feel like you need to work on new material. Sometimes there is a lapse in communication that can easily be cleared up. If that doesn't help, then definately get a new teacher.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
I have had four different teachers. The reason being is that I outgrew, for lack of a better term, each one. My last teacher told me that he couldnt even teach me anything else. I figured that I had nothing else to learn, then I found my present teacher and he has tought me more than all the last three combined. So what you have to do is just find a better or more knowledgable teacher.