Page 1 of 2
as kids we grow up dreaming about being our fav rock star, for me it was angus young and acdc. i saw that they have a angus young singature guitar made by gibson. my question is why would anyone want a replica of someones guitar? for me music needs to be unique to to the musician. so does the guitar it is yours and you need o give it your own style.

...what do you think
1. Companies can charge more for signature guitars because of the artist attached to it.
2. If you're in a cover band, that signature axe is a must.
3. If the signature guitar has everything you want, why should it matter if someone else plays it as well?
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
Personally, no. I wouldn't want someone else's gimmick guitar. I'll go pick out my own guitar and make it famous myself.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
yeah, I'm going to make my own custom guitar, got it planned out. I'm going to make it famous.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I actually own the Kirk Hammett ESP KH 2; however, it is signed by Kirk and is sitting in a glass case in my room. To actually play an artist's signature model, I highly doubt I would simply because it is so closely attached to the artist (obviously).
^I see it more closely attached to the big check that the artist got for letting a company use their name.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Would I play one? You betcha. Would I pay the premium price for one? Probably not.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
well. With other companies, no.

Ibanez is the Exception, as their signature guitars tend to be unique looking, feeling etc to the rest of their line. I love the AT300
Quote by Xenn99
^I see it more closely attached to the big check that the artist got for letting a company use their name.

That's probably the case.

Yeah, I would use one if it was a good guitar. Who cares if it's a sig model if it sounds/feels great to you?
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
If I got the Angus Young (MY HERO) guitar, I wouldn't play it. I'd just show it off on a nice big glass case. The sig guitar I'd want to play is the Ibanez Steve Vai Ibanez JEM7V. I mean, I'm not huge the guy himself, but the guitar is a beauty.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&g=guitar&base_pid=519833&index=1
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
IMO ESP makes the best sig gutiars ever. I love Flying V's in the more sharp Dave Mustaine shape. I don't like the Gibson V very much, and Jacksons are too small. The DV8-R therefore is great for me, big old V that has features I love. Yeah, it's got dave's sig on it, yeah, it's probably an extra hundred or so bucks for that, but it's the ONLY V guitar I really dig. So would I buy it? Hells yes.

The James Hetfield sig plays and feels awesome. It looks cool to me. It has a pickup combo I enjoy, a nice mahagony body & neck, Sperzel tuners, TonePros locking bridge, AND it has my fav guitarist on there. Does it automatically suck cuz it's a sig? No. Would I buy it for fanboy reasons? No (Well, that disregards the fact I'd probably rather save up a bit mroe and buy a Standard series ESP, but regardless).
haha
Yea, I would play one. Maybe not the Zakk Wylde, or Randy Rhoads, or Steve Vai live, cause those are really recognisable and people would thinking I'm ripping them off.

But I would play signatures definitely. Most of my dream guitars are signatures, like the Dim Tributes, those Razorbacks are awesome.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Even if its not a signature..... at least one other person has the same guitar right??? u might as well have one thats the same as some one who KiCKS MAJOR A$$
Quote by Xenn99
Personally, no. I wouldn't want someone else's gimmick guitar. I'll go pick out my own guitar and make it famous myself.

What he said.
i would play a sig model but i wont pay the extra money
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by Rancid_Misfits
i would like the Tom Delonge signature just because its a badass guitar.

No. No it's not.

I use a cheap Rhoads model, and I feel like the biggest poser in the world. I made a thread like this before. I was going to buy a Zakk Wylde model on an impulse, thankfully, I didn't.

(Black and White Striped guitar + BLS Shirt + Cover of BLS song at shows + not that great of a guitar player = ultimate fanboy)
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
i would play one, but i wouldnt pay for one. they cost more because a big percentage of the cost goes straight to the person who's signiture guitar it is.
for example alexi laiho (cob) signature sawtooth esp is almost 4 grand. the one thats regular esp, (with no sawtooth inlays, or alexi laihos signature printed on the thing) will cost about 2 grand.
T'would depend what the guitar was like.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It all depends on if the guitar itself is an exact reprensentation of what the artist uses or some cheap dummed-down version. The LTD signature models are examples of excellent guitars for the price even though they are signatures. Personnaly, I own a Kevin Bond signature guitar made by Jackson, I barely know who the hell he is. The thing is, I liked the guitar and I got it at a pretty good price. I switched the autographed truss rod cover for a normal one and voila, a perfectly unrecognizable signature guitar.

Because honestly, who really knew who Kevin Bond is before seing his signature guitar?
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
I'm not really into signature guitars. The only ones i would think of playing are js1000s. Just because they have amazing pickups, an amazing neck, and an amazing bridge. I would probably cut it some oh. I like to cut up guitars.
I would definitely *play* one. Would I spend money for one? Probably not .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Even though Kirk Hammett's cheapest sig model (kh202) gets a very bad rap, I feel its a decent guitar for $500. Same thing for Jeff Hanneman's (jh200). I played it and was wondering why so many people would call it a pos and stuff like that, but its probably just because people were jumping on the band wagon, w/o even trying it.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
I think one person has said this, but it is true......one of the best signature guitars that I might even fork out the money for is the JS1000. It is one of the best guitars, and it isn't so striking that everyone thinks you're ripping them off.....and dont think, im just being biased towards Satch, even though I am....

(but I wont get one now cos i have a Radius, and thats almost the same thing anyways)

Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Alot of sig. guitars are sold to either:

1) Kids that just want it
2) Guitar collectors
3) Or like the first post states, cover bands

My cuz has the Zakk wylde les paul and we use it at gigs cause it raises cred, at least where I live, people come up to us after every gig and say something about his guitar.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
I must say I am attracted to the orange-black buzzsaw design of the ZW LP, haha But if I had it I would only pull it out for a few songs and never use it as my main guitar, lol.. But seeing as I cannot afford to have a guitar that I only use a few times Im not buying it.. Maybe when im older lol

EDIT: Oh and I just LOVE the Travis Miguel ESP LTD TM-600 guitar... Quite unique so thats a pro.. But I wouldnt buy it
if you can get the sound you want out of a signature guitar, then go for it
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Xenn99

I second that
Sent from my iPad.
I'm suprised no-one has noticed the fact that one of the most popular and widely played guitars of all time, the Gibson Les Paul, is a signature guitar. So I'd have to say yes, I'd play one
Page 1 of 2