I recently got a Warlock (no its not hollowbody so you can stop asking) and I have a 60 and an 81 EMG that I never really used, its in the box and everything.

So I was thinking, should I put that combo in there (60 neck, 81 bridge) or should I sell the 60 and buy an 85, I've heard some good things about that combo (if I'm not mistakend that's the Zack combo). I need your opinion, especially those that have dealt with this type of scenario before.

Also, this is kinda off topic, do I really need an EMG afterburner? My dad got me one for my bday, but I have yet to even touch it, in fact I don't even know where it is, but I can find it. The thing is, my amp is a Line 6 112, powerful mother****er for the price. So should I install the afterburner when I'm installing the EMG's?? Or sell that off since I have no real use for it?
i hear the 60 is more for rhythm playing on the neck pickup, and the 85 is for fat leads

if you play metal, keep the afterburner
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
The EMG's won't sound their full potential with that amp. But If your going to be using cleans, definately keep the 60, and it would be useful to have the afterburner at your disposal.
yea i second the sell the 81 and ge tthe 85 for the bridge
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
sell the 81 and get an 85 for the bridge.

or else give them to me. faygo.

Alright, I'll research that but I'm taking your word for it lol, 85's sound ****ing "heavy" from the descriptions that I've been getting.

So keep the afterburner? (i read the one post that said to do so)
yea the afterburner could come in handy if your after that slight boost with solo's and you dont have any other way for a volume boost
nah man, stay with the 60-81 combo. the harmonic properties of the 85 are really contrasting and out of synch with the 81 tone. the 60 is way more complimentary and can actually be played clean.

then buy some locking tuners
god created metal. please do not associate satan with metal. Metal is good. pop music and techno are sinful and dirty vices and should be forbidden. Satan gave us this for us all to cringe at and get headaches!
i know a lot abou emgs check my gear anyway i hate bc rich and if u have mahogany body and u want crunch sound and good cleans put on the 81 and 60 but tje 85 is more heavey metal pickup

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
trying my best u know...i am not a bank need money to buy something u know...

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
i never seen a warlock with hollowbody. and no one asked you.......

BC rich is crap........
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
well i dont think my warlcok sucks.......im a proud owner of the bronze one too

(i dont think riches come hollow body)

but the 85 isnt really "heavier" its more bass and has a bit more midsi use the 85 in my bridge in my mahog body guitar and get a very good tone

(btw i play what most people call "heavy" music though)
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Unless the Warlock in question is at least an NJ series, don't waste your time putting EMGs. It's an agathis guitar. It will only turn your tone into mud. Sell the EMGs and get some Dimarzios or Duncans instead.

And no, you don't need a tube amp to get the 'full potential' of EMGs. The difference between EMGs and passives is just as apparent with a tube amp as with a solid state. I've been rockign EMGs in pretty much all my guitars for about 18 years, and owned both tube and SS amps. EMGs sound great in both - as long as you match the pickups appropriately with the wood of the instrument.

But I do agree the Spider will do nothing for EMGs. Then again, I feel the same about Spiders regardless of the pickups.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor