Hey guys!

I finally got the house to my self, so there was some peace and quite to do some recording!

The recording setup is still lacking.....doesn't do the amp justice, but hey, I'm making due for now. Computer mic into soundcard.

Just me screwing around....The Mesa, through the attenuator, into my Avatar 4x12 with V30's.

ISP Noise decimator is used throughout. Morley Tremonti power wah and Keeley modded Boss SD-1 where specified!

Take a look, and I'd really like some feedback. They're the 5 mesa clips:

http://ugclips.dmusic.com/

I'm particulary proud of the first high gain one....it's a cover of a song off of Godsmack's new CD...."Bleeding Me".....I really like the vibe of the intro, so I tabbed it out myself, and gave it a try! My tab came out perfect, and the tone, I think, it not to bad considering the poor recording quality.

The intro sports the Keeley modded SD-1, which I have fallen in love with even more after doing this recording. I love the tone!

So, please share your thoughts! I really hope to get a real recording setup soon!
i like it aa lot lol wrong gramar i like it very much a lot isnt a word haha
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
i only had time to listen to the first hi-gain clip

sounded nice i guess, just kinda stock. nothing really that special. sounded good though just didn't really impress me.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
So is this like your 99th thread about your gear?

The recording might not have brought justice to your amps real tone but i don't think you can blame the recording about your playing.......................
I hope you know you have way too much gear, Ibanez.

That is all.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I thought it sounded pretty good for using a computer mic man. You do need to get a real mic now that you've made that gear clips thread though. I thought that 3rd high gain clip was cool, I bet it would sound really good with drums. Nice work on the clips thread too man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
After hearing your Mesa clips I'm not really impressed by the tone or sound. I know its being recorded from a crap mic even then I really dont think the tone is what its all cracked up to be. Even after playing a mesa double rec I wasn't impressed enough to shell out a couple grand. The clips are a really good contribution to the site though and keep up the good work with the new clips thread.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
Mesa's are great amps, I just don't think those clips captured their great tone. I thought the XXX sounded really good. I'd like to play one of those (I have before, but I got shutdown because some old douchebag who didn't know anything about amps told me to turn it off because I was being too loud when "other people were trying to play". Guitar stores nowadays...)
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
I know the mic is probably robing alot of the sound, but I have played through boogies before and I cant say I was overly impressed. I wasnt to impressed by the savage clips either but then again it comes down to what mic was used and all that.
Rockybo on Gwar: "What costumes? They're from fucking outer-space, you retard."
what were your settings on those clips Ibanez? Sounded good, but it sounded a little mooshy...lacking high end definition ya know. Then on the 2nd clip i think it was...i could hear your pick hitting the strings...then i realized you probly only had it turned up to about .05 on the master volume.

I could only imagine what that thing could do if cranked to my preferences...!
Quote by Silent_Scream1
So is this like your 99th thread about your gear?

The recording might not have brought justice to your amps real tone but i don't think you can blame the recording about your playing.......................

Firstly, what is the point?

Secondly (to Ibanez), I liked the clips. Accept the crunch. The guitar sounded out of tune, it was hard to listen to the tone of the amp with this in mind. The high gain clips sounded nice, considering the mic.

I'll try and get some clips up of my Cube if you're interested? I'm doing my exams at the moment though but afterwards I'll have all the time in the world.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
Firstly, what is the point?

Secondly (to Ibanez), I liked the clips. Accept the crunch. The guitar sounded out of tune, it was hard to listen to the tone of the amp with this in mind. The high gain clips sounded nice, considering the mic.

I'll try and get some clips up of my Cube if you're interested? I'm doing my exams at the moment though but afterwards I'll have all the time in the world.

Well "Firstly" what i was trying to say is that to me in MY OPINION this guy makes the dual recttifier sound like a piece of junk due to the fact that
1. His guitar sounds out of tune like someone said
2. His playing seems a bit sloppy
3. Overall im just not hyped up like everyone saying "OMG its a Mesa clip that means that it's good", because it just doesnt sound good
Must i explain myself to you any further?

[EDIT] Although i must admit that i love that amp to death and that he has awesome gear.

And i do understand that he's using a ****y mic
Last edited by Silent_Scream1 at Jun 9, 2006,
i agree with everyone about your mic not doing your rig justice. However i do like the overdrive u get with your boss pedal, and the tool cover at the end was pretty decent.
ok i listened to the rest. i liked the last high gain one, nice playing and tone on it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

it's alright.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I dunno, I think it still doesn't sound that good. but it's probably just the mic

what is it eqed at? sounds like scooped mids...

(about the high gain parts)
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Whatever happened to you getting a rack set-up going, Ibanez?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
May I enquire into what you're planning for your recording setup?
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
My recording setup is going to consist of:

- Apple Laptop: Ibook? Macbook Pro? Haven't really decided yet...
- Presonus Firebox
- Mixer to get all drum mics into an input
- More than likely an SM57 for myself
- Program wise, haven't really decided yet. The laptop will come with garageband, but I think I will be purchasing something else.

There will be a thread on this eventually, not really worrying about the details too much at the moment, as it will be about another month or two before I can fund this.

Any general feedback on it at the moment though?
i just wanted to say the Peavy XXX high gain song open your eyes was very good man. the mesa clips were good, i like clincher and hadnt heard vicarious. sounded good! now kick me down some gear....hah
Quote by Erock503
I thought it sounded pretty good for using a computer mic man. You do need to get a real mic now that you've made that gear clips thread though. I thought that 3rd high gain clip was cool, I bet it would sound really good with drums. Nice work on the clips thread too man.

I thought it sounded like mud tbh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Powerball.

I'll get some clips for you guys soon. the 5150 is getting retubed, too. Heads shall roll, socks shall be rocked, and thine **** will be flying along with my hair. Faces shall melt, men will be neutered, and panties will be wetted.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
I thought it sounded like mud tbh. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my Powerball.

I'll get some clips for you guys soon. the 5150 is getting retubed, too. Heads shall roll, socks shall be rocked, and thine **** will be flying along with my hair. Faces shall melt, men will be neutered, and panties will be wetted.

nice, I would keep it too. Decided what's going in it yet? and I'm reserving judgement until I hear his recordings thru a real mic. They sound better than the attempts I made with a cheap RS mic thru my sound card though. I'm not going to attempt to record my amp again until I can get an actual preamp or mixer and a Shure57.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i duno whats goin in it yet. I'm pretty much undecided about the whole thing because it involves me spending more money, which sucks.

On another note, I'm getting tired of that super distortion and ****ty pots in that les paul, its ****ing stupid. gah.
Just think about how much simpler our guitar lives would be if all gear was free?

Erock or Genocide, would you say the easiest way to record would be with a good mic, through an interface (presonus firebox), into a computer? Are there any simpler less expensive ways? It seems to me that this way is about as simple and cheap as it gets......
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
Just think about how much simpler our guitar lives would be if all gear was free?

Erock or Genocide, would you say the easiest way to record would be with a good mic, through an interface (presonus firebox), into a computer? Are there any simpler less expensive ways? It seems to me that this way is about as simple and cheap as it gets......

Ah, if it were free it would be good. I'm mostly pissed because I'm supposed to be saving for some **** but I'm on leave from teh job to finish up school..

recording wise thats pretty much as simple/cheap as it gets

MIC > Interface > Computer

Now, you can get lots of mics, interfaces, and computers/software, so the budget is pretty flexable. To me, the most important thing is a decent mic... You have to be able to capture your tone decently before you can level it/eq it/change it, right?