Ok well im going to be using a Metronome, to enchance my accuracy and guitar playing skills since im still early on in the process. But im just wondering..

For example im learning Under the Bridge using a Metronome. At Tempo 100 im playing all the notes at the beginning ( Intro ) corectly. And then move onto the verse straight after with the same tempo.. obviously i cant strum all those different cords that fast now.. so do i use like a timing type method. so do a 4 beat count then strum the next one..

Example with Tempo as 100:

(Strum Cord ) 1-2-3-4 ( Strum Cord) 1-2-3-4 (Strum Cord) 1-2-3-4

Would you do it that way. Or slow down the tempo so that i can strum all different cords inthe verse in the matter of one beat..?
You should'nt push your self.

Put the tempo so that you can comfortably play it all the note perfectly, with very little challange. Then when you feel you can get to the same stage but at a slightly higher tempo, go higher until you feel ready to higher, etc.

But never put it faster then you can manage. You need to be able to play every note right. If you get a head of your self, you get sloppy.

So you can play the begining up to tempo, but not the next bit. Just play it all slower until you can play the other bit up to tempo too.
Ok umm.. in the song there is about a 1-4 second pause between chord strums. so how would i do this with the timing to the metronome
Actually i would disagree. Practing with a metronome has actually improved my playing. Im deffentaly gonig to keep it up
Quote by FlyingVortex
Actually i would disagree. Practing with a metronome has actually improved my playing. Im deffentaly gonig to keep it up

I'm having some tempo issues so I think I might try using a metronome also BUT here's my question. How do I determine the setting on the metronome which is the correct one for the song?

Color me green....