hey,
im thinking of getting a pox xt live with a variax 300 guitar.
Just wanted to hear some opinions about the guitar and effects pedal to make up my mind.
Also you users include specs
Thankz
ladars
Do not get a Variax! Get a good guitar

The pod is good, but it depends on your taste in effects. If you're big into them, then yes. But if all you use is chorus, distortion and wah or something like that don't bother.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
how come variax isnt a good guitar. its like 25 guitars for the price of 1. i mean im not gonna buy 25 guitars.
one thing i dont like about the variax is that you have to run it on batteries. isnt there anyway else to power it.
You're also not gonna NEED 25 guitars.

Think about it. If a cheap variax was as good as the real deal wouldn't we all have one?

Also, the only thing it models is the tone. There's more to a guitar than that. The feel of it is fairly bad.

No other way of powering it as far as I know.

You asked my opinion, ya got it.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
The Variax is a cool studio guitar, but it's usefulness ends there IMO.

I've played the lower end Variax (unplugged) and it feels merely average at best. The unplugged tone is really dull, and flat, but then again, it's probably intended that way so that the digital modelling isn't fighting with the gutiar's natural tone. I wasn't impressed with the guitar at all. I've been told that when used with the Variax connection on PODs, it sounds great.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by icj
how come variax isnt a good guitar. its like 25 guitars for the price of 1. i mean im not gonna buy 25 guitars.
one thing i dont like about the variax is that you have to run it on batteries. isnt there anyway else to power it.

In the setup as asuggested (with PODxt live) you can power the Variax from the PODxt Live's VDI (variax Digital Interface).

It powers the variax and let you switch amps and guiatrs simultanously. YOu can also download the Workbench (and create you own guitars) for free.

(some goes for the Vetta)

So far there have been three free updates to improve the quality of tone. If you want a better playable guitar (if you don't like the Variax) you can always do a transplant. How many of you haven't altered your own guitar to some extend?

hope it helps
dont get that guitar. do you think youll be needing those different kinds of guitars? just buy a good quality guitar that suit your style..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I wouldn't get the 300 either. I would imagine the wood has to have an effect on piezo pickups, and agathis is generally regarded as inferior tonewood as it is. I will say though, I played a mahogany 700 thru a Vetta II at GC, and I thought it was a pretty decent setup. If I was making a living covering other people's tones, I might consider it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I never really got what the Podxt actually do. I understand that it has a lot of effects and tones and stuff, but what does it do? I started thinkin, could be something for recording? Like computer--podxt--guitar. How do you use it for something else than that?
#2 member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39
dude your a walking talking metal making expert!!!

i bet this person sucks so bad emo people laugh

^0wned^
Quote by Dante's Inferno
I never really got what the Podxt actually do. I understand that it has a lot of effects and tones and stuff, but what does it do? I started thinkin, could be something for recording? Like computer--podxt--guitar. How do you use it for something else than that?

PODxt can all of the above
- recording
- computer
- add Guitarport
- use it live (use the loop of your amp)
- use it live (direct into the PA / mixing console)
Allright, thanks.

So how good is the PodXT then? Is it worth buying? What amps does it work with?
#2 member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39
dude your a walking talking metal making expert!!!

i bet this person sucks so bad emo people laugh

^0wned^
Last edited by Dante's Inferno at Jun 11, 2006,
How good it is, is for you to decide. Go to your local dealer and try before you buy.

Everyones ears, feel, needs are different..

Here's alist of all the amps insode the podxt series (and also from the different modelpacks including the new Bass Model Pack)

http://www.vettaville.nl/vvpodxt3.html#318

Hope it helps