How loud should i turn my amp to without pushing it too hard? I have a Randall RG200G2, so if I turned it up all the way, too watts, would it blow out (thats assuming i ever need to). I just want to know around how many watts is "safe" to turn it up to.
Just turn up your amp and turn the volume of your guitar right down. Then play your guitar and slower turn up it's volume til it sounds too much. I dunno. Question wasn't really that clear. Amps are made to be pushed otherwise they wouldn't go so loud. Just be careful of pedals with volumes like distortion.
Quote by ouchies
How loud should i turn my amp to without pushing it too hard? I have a Randall RG200G2, so if I turned it up all the way, too watts, would it blow out (thats assuming i ever need to). I just want to know around how many watts is "safe" to turn it up to.

Is that a tube amp?

Anyway, most amp manufacturers make sure that the speaker can handle the wattage of the amp; so there should be no problem.
It 200 watts, I'm pretty sure the only reason you would ever need to turn it up that high is to scare of a tribe of Indians or rearrange someones face.

*thinks**laughs*
Its solid state... so it will sound crappier turned up.

It should handle it, just not for long periods

It will be loud but not THAT loud.
roar
Quote by cody733
It 200 watts, I'm pretty sure the only reason you would ever need to turn it up that high is to scare of a tribe of Indians or rearrange someones face.

*thinks**laughs*

Thanks, you just made me laugh for 38.26 seconds