I've just organized a band, we're gona be playin some pretty extreme metal, mortician kinda stuff. I was looking at the digitech death metal pedal, but was wondering if there are any otheres out there that deliver a heavier sound? The heavier the better really.

Cheers guys.
ok 1st of all idk what the rage is about using boss and digitech, but neither of them are gonna get you a BRUTAL original metal.

brutal death medal distortion comes from the amp.

what amp do you have
unfortunately i've only got a cube 30 right now, it's a great practice amp and all, but yeh.
I should be upgrading later to a crate stack if possible.
When you get the stack, Buy a Boss MT2 and also use some dirt from the amp, that kind of double shot of distortion should be brutal enough. But it'll buzz and hum like a swarm of bees farting in a cave and feedback at you like breakfast after a night on the booze.
^I love the way you describe noise so poeticly (sry for spelling, it's probably way off)

Try out a Line 6 Über Metal, and have a look at the Damage Control Demonizer.
upgrade to the crate stack,

then by an MT-2

use mostly amp distortion, with a touch of pedal distortion
Never use 2 distortions at once it'll start buzzing and noisy and stuff and you won't even be able to know what you're playing
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by obilisk
use mostly amp distortion, with a touch of pedal distortion

This is the only way that I could even remotely recommend the MT-2. It does work well in this application. As the sole source of distortion though,
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by obilisk
upgrade to the crate stack,

then by an MT-2

, if it's a Crate solid state stack, then no.

Isn't the Cube 30 made for metal? I know a load of people who swear by theirs for heavy stuff.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
, if it's a Crate solid state stack, then no.

Isn't the Cube 30 made for metal? I know a load of people who swear by theirs for heavy stuff.

I wouldn't say it's made for metal, but it does pack a punch for a lil amp.

I think i'll get a digitech death metal for now, seeing as they are pretty cheap, then when i upgrade to the stack i'll go for somethin else, maybe an mt 2.
Cheers guys.
Quote by Hammer_smashed
unfortunately i've only got a cube 30 right now, it's a great practice amp and all, but yeh.

Don't get a Crate stack if its going to be SS.
Quote by FretboardToAsh
Never use 2 distortions at once it'll start buzzing and noisy and stuff and you won't even be able to know what you're playing

Death metal man, isn't that the point?
I'm not sure any pedal will get you where you want to go. You'll probably need to get a tube amp that is dark sounding to start, then perhaps distorsion pedal and compressor?

I'm not familiar with Mortician (?). Do you have any other examples of bands you emulate?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
From what i've heard the Marshall Shredmaster is pretty brutal, almost as brutal as the price it is on eBay.
dude, the cube is a modeling amp, the distortion pedal will have the amp going

seriously, just stick with the amp, the cubes are pretty br00tal by themselves.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Get a new amp (tube combo, you need way to pay way to much to get a good stack) and use the OVERDRIVE from the amp. If you need more than that boost it with an OVERDRIVE pedal.

I prefer OD over dist because it gives a more open sound og a more warm sound. Choose yourself, but I think OD will suit you better.
Quote by Danno13
Ecks Tew!!!!!!onethousandonehundredandeleven!!!11

dude, just stick with the cube and take the line out to the P.A. untill you can get yourself a big mettle amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Quote by Hammer_smashed

the cube is probaly better than any crate, the cube can also get you a pretty good metal tone (for a SS)
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
^ i thought it did a great metal tone. peroid. no powerball, duh, but still for those things being as cheap as they are, they're pretty much awesome. i'd like to get a micro cube as a headphone amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565