Is it true that 12-string guitars will warp if you tune them to standard? I have a nice Fender and wouldn't want anything to happen to it.
Quote by TweekGuitar
They are not heavy metal. They are pussy metal. They worship god.
Quote by i_am_jimi
Is it true that 12-string guitars will warp if you tune them to standard? I have a nice Fender and wouldn't want anything to happen to it.

no that's not true
Quote by Adarsh
Umm...question on a 12 string guitar....(nothing to do with thred here but...) WHAT'S THE TUNIING VALUES???

if im understanding your question the smaller strings on the E,A,D,G are all an octave higher than the big ones
I tune my 12 string a step down, but I use twelves, and my guitar is about 25-30 years old. With a Fender you should be alright, but you can always use tens if you really want to be safe (I would think tens would play better in standard anyway). Its a modern, mass-produced instrument anyway, so as somone on PG said, you'd want the extra string tension to help drive that top anyway.
BTW, a bulge behind the bridge is entirely normal for a 12 string; it's when it dips between the bridge and soundhole that you want to watch out for.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.