I've only heard they're expensive or something but other than that i've heard nothing about Orange amps.

But I found Orange Heads on ebay for like 600-700 bucks used

and they look like they're in good condition.

Has anyone ever played Orange amps?
Gibson SG Special Faded

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amp

Squier Acoustic starter pack
Never played one myself, but they have an amazing reputation.

The only time I've seen anyone play them live is Eric Clapton at the Cream Reunion Concert at MSG this year. I'm pretty sure he used them exclusively at it, though I could be wrong.
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
never played, but a band called cartel (higly recomended) used them live and they sounded very good
Quote by fosho
how....did you find that wiki article?
youre a weird one tjdjr09

I played one before I moved and I would have bought it if I could have afforded it, it sounded terrific. I've been looking for one down here.
there valve amps are brilliant, though the solid state amps (crush series) are no good, they just seem thin and lifeless, though not in the same league as the Marshall MG series
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

umm.

Would they be suited for Punk?
Gibson SG Special Faded

it depends what 'type' of punk really, when i played one i played everything i could think of through it, it was one of the 2 channel 30 watt heads and the name escapes me. but the clean was amazing and the 2nd channel just blew me away, old sex pistols and ramones itll do easy peasy, newer stuff ie greenday, it might, but where it really shined in the punk catergory was the older offspring type sound - think the smash and ixnay albums. i was also using a boss ch-1 chorus and ibanez ts-5 tubescreamer (at times for a boost) and it was really really nice. but overall, i'd say for punk there are better amps - i've just seen the buzzcocks, and they were using JCM 900s, i believe billie joe uses DSLs, Offspring use DSLs, TSLs, and Dual Rectos, and Johnny Ramone used JCM 800s. so really just go and try it out, i think yes, it will do punk, but there are better amps
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

If you want a reference for a punk sound on an Orange, listen to Maybe I'll Catch Fire era Alkaline Trio. Matt Skiba used either an AD series or Rockerverb series amp at that time paired with an Orange cab.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I've played the AD30 combo, sounded great, but the speaker hadn't broken in, so it could have sounded even better.

Play one if you're thinking of buying one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just from my experience, combo versions of heads never turn out to be any better. They almost always turn out to be of lesser quality, although not bad. However, a prime example of a bad combo based on a great head is the Marshall DSL401.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Well

Would an orange and be good for Ska?

me and my friend were talking about starting a ska band
Gibson SG Special Faded

I would think so. Just make your tone very chimey. However, I'm not sure your guitar is very well suited for ska. Ska has that very twangy, thin, abnoxious tone and I'm not quite sure an SG Special could get that. If an Orange can't cover all your needs, look to a Marshall DSL50. Very versatile amp with great distortion and great cleans. You can get a DSL series amp on the cheap via Ebay. If you find a DSL100 (which is too high of a wattage, IMO) that's cheaper, just buy it and take out two of the power tubes to take it down to 50 watts.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
^ Well I know this local Ska band and the guitarist uses a Jackson lol

Not sure what amp he uses though

But If I wanted to play ska couldnt i just get the amp and eventually change the pickups?

Or does the SG body really affect a Ska tone THAT much?
Gibson SG Special Faded

Dude... i'm 19. What the hell is Ska? I think I know what all that Screamo-Emo garbage is (just my opinion, sorry). Ska is like... " I slit my wrist and cry about my boyfriend...", right? lol.. dude I'm sorry.....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^wha?!?!?!?

Im 15 and I know what Ska is

It's nothing at all like Emo

It's really upbeat
lyrics are kinda serious though
Horns are usually in Ska bands (Trumpets, trombones, saxes etc.)
With guitar Barre chords and upstrokes are used alot in Ska

It was big in the 90s with Reel Big fish and stuff

but about Emo...Emo died a long time ago....like before i was born it already died
Theres no such thing as emo anymore...Its a corporate Slogan that people slap on bands to make it sound cool to the people that watch mtv
Gibson SG Special Faded

.... wild
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
cleans and overdrive on the orange AD series are great,

for cleans and high gain tones, the orange rockerverbs are awesome,

orange is an amazing amplifier company, their stuff is top notch and looks nice as well, highly recomended
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I wouldn't say your guitar affects your tone anymore than your amp does. They're both equally important. I think you could get a sufficient Ska tone by eccentuating the high and mid end of things on your EQ. IMO, a lot of the tone in Ska playing comes from the technique, ala the accented upstrokes. This kinda goes back to part of the tone being in the fingers.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
i have an orange rocker 30, it is the best amp i have ever played. its overdrive sounds very natural and when you crank the clean channel you get a nice SRV tone
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever