Hey guys, I have been playing guitar for about 6 years now. I play Christian metal, and I want to learn my fretboard better. I play in drop C, and play styles like, Becoming the Archtype, Still Remains, Haste the day, Living Sacrifice, etc. I really want to inprove my skills. I just need some advice on how about doing it without paying someone for lessons. I want to learn leads, and to be able to play in a key. And I dont know if it is wrong but I always said to myself I dont want to play other peoples songs. I just dont feel right about it. Someone elses ideas i guess. Anyone give me some advice on how to inprove?
There is no secret formula to get better, it takes one thing and one thing only. PRACTICE! Play that damn guitar, branch out from just playing ´Christian Metal´ learn the blues or something.

As for leads, learn some scales and improvise. Soloing in a certain key usually involves taking the first chord from the progression e.g A and then soloing in that key. There should be some Theory columns somewhere on this site.
those are hardcore bands. so youd have better luck in the hardcore forum. i too am in a christian hardcore band. good luck, dude.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by zainhardcore777
Hey guys, I have been playing guitar for about 6 years now. I play Christian metal,

I'd love to help you, but I stopped reading right there.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
no, not the hardcore forum, maybe the musician talk forum.
you could get better advice there
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Lords of Chaos for starters

Quote by Magero
thanks for not helping me spynal, i dont want help from someone who does not help just because I listen to Christian metal why dont you go to my site, christmetal.com, maybe you'll find something useful there.
Why don't you go to my site:

Click Me!

Quote by Magero
your just scared of the name Jesus Christ. you know what he represents, thats why you dont like my posts. please just let me talk to people that want to help me. thanks