I got a Vox wah today (sounds great) and as you might know its battery only.. I'm trying to add a battery clip on the end of a wire from my power bank dc power supply which is centre negative plugs, so I can connect the battery clip to the one inside the pedal and power it..

I cut off a plug from one end of the wires that go from the power supply and it looks like the following rubbish diagram -

Basically I dont know if the bare (green on diagram) should go be twisted together, then go to the red or black on the battery clip, and dont know where the centre (yellow on diagram) wire should go to. I'm guessing the centre/core wire should go to negative (black?) as the plug thing is centre negative, but I wanted to check first before I try anything.

Cheers
Last edited by tomslespaul at Jun 8, 2006,
The yellow probably is negative and goes to the black.
I say you twist the wires and try it out first. It won't hurt your pedal if it's the wrong way 'round, it just won't switch on.
Can't you fry a component by switching it around? like when people switch around 9 volts they usually fry the first component in the circuit.
Quote by kaplac
Can't you fry a component by switching it around? like when people switch around 9 volts they usually fry the first component in the circuit.

Maybe if you leave it on for a really long time....
I bought a universal power supply and connected it to my miniamp the wrong way round. It didn't fry anything, it just didn't turn on. If you do it quickly it won't hurt anyone.
Ah right ok.. Well I just tried it with the centre wire (yellow) going to negative and bare going to positive, through my marshall guvnor plus, it turned the pedal on like this (ie the led lit up) does that mean that this is the right way?
Quote by tomslespaul
Ah right ok.. Well I just tried it with the centre wire (yellow) going to negative and bare going to positive, through my marshall guvnor plus, it turned the pedal on like this (ie the led lit up) does that mean that this is the right way?

Yes
I would buy a switching DC jack, running both the DC and the battery at the same time might make it sound different. A switching DC jack will automatically turn off the battery when the DC is plugged in.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.