Im planning to attempt to learn Black Dog by Led Zep but was looking at the tab and came across this - 5h7p5.

Does it mean hammer on 5, play 7 then pull off 5? Things like this still confuse me at this early stage.

Thanks

AdamC
Nope, it means play 5, hammer on to the 7, then pull off back to the 5.
Hi, I'm Peter
Yea just hammer on 7 and then immediatly pull off, kind of a flick like motion, a quick attack tap, if your index finger if on 5, use your ring finger.
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
You should use one finger to get on the 5, then use another to hammer on the 7 (while keeping the first finger on the 5), and then pull off the 7 finger to cause the 5 note to play.

DJ
Great, thanks for the explanation fellas

Ill give it a go later on

Ta

AdamC
it simply means that ou stroke only the 5
then you hammer on the 7 and finally pull-off and get back to 5, with only one stroke.
instead of opening a new thread id though id ask it in here

on a few tabs ive seen 0h

now i have no idea what to do, because i aint got a clue what to hammer onto..makes no sense to me
there's gotta be a number after the h, because it doesn't make any sense.
Hi, I'm Peter
I think he means the 0 is whats throwing him off so like if it were
0h2 then you would pick the string open and then hammer on the secound fret
I think maybe that's what you were asking hope I helped if not sorry
nah i know Oh2 etc, i just saw a few tabs with 0h

maybe it was just a mistake....puzzled the hell outta me

also, can anyone tell me what this is:

10-10(p)7(~)--|

its a bit in the Overkill solo by Colin Hay...i thought the wave meant just hold the note, and the brackets was harmonics....but harmonics on P? im completely new to this, even more confusing than before for me
Since were on topic I have a question as well when it says 0p2 whats that?
The times they are a changin'.....
Quote by Italy's Finest
Since were on topic I have a question as well when it says 0p2 whats that?

No such thing.
2p0, however means 2 pull-off to 0.

Quote by mastercom4

nah i know Oh2 etc, i just saw a few tabs with 0h

maybe it was just a mistake....puzzled the hell outta me

also, can anyone tell me what this is:

10-10(p)7(~)--|

its a bit in the Overkill solo by Colin Hay...i thought the wave meant just hold the note, and the brackets was harmonics....but harmonics on P? im completely new to this, even more confusing than before for me

That means play 10, then play 10 again, then pull of to 7 and vibrato.
ah vibrato....i thought it was that at first, but i decided to read a tab lesson on here and it said something else...i still dont see why the pull off is in brackets
ah vibrato....i thought it was that at first, but i decided to read a tab lesson on here and it said something else...i still dont see why the pull off is in brackets

to do exactly the opposite of what happend, getting you confused
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g90/Swence32/GREYWOLF_04-MOM-N-BABIES.jpg[/img]
Quote by mastercom4
ah vibrato....i thought it was that at first, but i decided to read a tab lesson on here and it said something else

Yeah I've seen it be said to mean vibrato, sustain and let ring. I even saw it meaning a harmonic on one site!