Okay, yesterday me and my keyboard player got together to write a few songs and he shows me some lyrics and starts singing them. The problem is he's not a good singer at all. He does the whole singing thing but in a talking voice and very loudly so it's very obnoxious. He knows he's not a good singer but insists on "singing" anyway. What can I do to help him not sing like this?
say "hey, stop singing"
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Tell him he really shouldn't sing because he doesn't have a good singing voice.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Tell him to e-mail me with an audio clip of his singing, so I will laugh at him and demoralize him to a point where he'll never try to do it that horrible way again. Then I will slowly build him into a vocal machine.
Quote by pratt121
Tell him to e-mail me with an audio clip of his singing, so I will laugh at him and demoralize him to a point where he'll never try to do it that horrible way again. Then I will slowly build him into a vocal machine.

Thats so bad ass i say go with this
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
its all about how you speak to him
if you want it to be most effective, with the best sympethetic way you can say it
just come to him with a smile.. and say
"Dude shut the **** up, my brain is melting.."
you sing instead. the easiest way, i think. ask for the lyrics, and if his voice is such a big problem, you take over the vocals. or you could shame him into silence like the others said...
if he knows he is a bad singer just say, "ok you wanna sing, but you are a bad singer... are you a dumbass? let me sing" or whoever else can sing. keep him writing lyrics though if hes any good.
Quote by crazyjadedhippy
you sing instead. the easiest way, i think. ask for the lyrics, and if his voice is such a big problem, you take over the vocals. or you could shame him into silence like the others said...

I'm writing the lyrics so he just sings along. But I want to help him develop his vocals, but he's already enrolled in this $300 choir camp thing. So much for that.