16 30%
Washburn WI66-Pro
6 11%
Other (Please Specify)
10 19%
Voters: 54.
Thinking of buying a new guitar...

Here are my needs:

- It needs to be somewhat versatile. My main type of music is melodic punk/hardcore, but I occasionally play a tad heavier, more often lighter stuff too, so it needs to handle cleans well too.

- I'd like it to have a fast neck, and a smooth, fast fretboard with a low action. I'm sick of my hand not catching up with my fingers, and the strings cutting into my fingertips and tearing them up.

- I use heavy-ish gauge strings (Ernie Ball Heavy Bottoms) so the neck needs to be able to handle that.

- It needs to be light-ish. I'm not a complete pansy hehe but I'll be playing it a lot, particularly in a live situation, so I'd like to be able to sling it about without hurting my neck or shoulder.

- I'm after a fairly thick, fat and warm tone, so I'm assuming probably mahogany as the main wood.

- It needs good tight, bass response and good mids.

- At the moment I mainly play rhythm work, and as I play mainly punk/hardcore it involves a lot of chugging, but I'm intending on improving my solo-ing skills and trying to develop as a player, so it'll need to handle lead playing well.

- Pickups aren't *really* so much of a concern as I'll probably swap them out, unless the stocks are really worth holding on to.

Poll away!
ESP F-250 replace the pickups. The neck is f-ing beautiful.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
I'd vote for the SG if you could get the strap button reinstalled. They're really badly positioned, which makes them damn annoying to use live, since you're always worried about it slipping. Other than that, I reckon they're pretty good.
Fender strat is the most versatile guitar around, and probably your best bet unless you want harcore metal tones. But they don't get more versatile than that.

Wait, just read your whole post. I guess a les paul or a SG is better for warmer and fatter tones.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Lefty.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
sg for me every time
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Schecter C1 Classic, that guitar is F'ing beutiful, plays like a dream

Unfortunatly i didnt have 'nough cash to get one
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
shecter C-1 Hellraiser
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
SG all the way. My freind has an SG Standard, and it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. I like how accesible the neck is, the body doesn't get in the way of the upper frets like most guitars. However, they are neck heavy and tend to dive towards the floor unless you hold the neck up, so look out for that. Hope you choose the right one for you tho, all we can give is personal opinions. Choose the one you like best.
Washburn WI66PRO by far. Great guitar, great stock pickups, coil splitting, and it's really nice looking. Also not too heavy.

With the Gibson you're paying for the name. It's not worth it.

Go sit down and try the WI66PRO against a Gibson SG. I can almost guarantee that the Wasburn will sound better and be more versatile.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'm not a big fan of Washburn, and Schecter, so i'd have to say the SG, even though i don't like the body style. It's too tall for me, so when i sit down and play, my arm sits uncomfortably on the body.
listen to xenn99, because he's right. gibsons are good, but you end up paying for lower quality stuff when you could have better a much better guitar in the price range. plus, i recently got a wi66pro, and it could TOTALLY blow away a std. SG anyday!
if you eat liek a n00b, you will be pwned like a n00b.
Quote by asdfnjkl
listen to xenn99, because he's right. gibsons are good, but you end up paying for lower quality stuff when you could have better a much better guitar in the price range. plus, i recently got a wi66pro, and it could TOTALLY blow away a std. SG anyday!

a Washburn WI66pro could blow away a sexually transmitted SG?!
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

Std=Standard. You can blame Gibson for that horrible abbreviation. They could have found something better than that.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i figured that out

1) i was just bouncing a joke of a funny situation
2) Gibson gave it that name?!?! LOL!!!
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

1. I know. I just felt like being an ass about it.
2. Yes. Yes they did.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar