A few days ago I listened to "War is Calling" here on UG. I felt inspired because that was such an amazing song. I sat down around 6pm that day and started writing this on Reason 3.0. I didn't stop until 2 in the morning when I realized how long this song was and I still haven't even finished it and still had a lot more to say. I couldn't back away from the keyboard and eventually fell asleep at my desk. I woke up and put 3 more hours into this song. It is very emotional and I hope you can all enjoy it
I have it on my website:

http://patrickjennewein.dmusic.com/

EDIT: Ill try to get the GP5 up as soon as possible, im having more problems with the IMPORTANT MIDI thing then expected
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Jun 8, 2006,
downloading it now to give it a listen
will edit with comments =]

EDIT;
I've listened to it a few times now, im just going to say a few simple things, i really like it, it relates to its title well which to me is important and improves the song (simply shows you thought it through a lot). I think one or two of the instruments dont quite fit, the sounds dont quite fit the song but i think that might just be the midi messing them up a bit, either way, its really good!
Last edited by tushmeister at Jun 9, 2006,
I figured since you wrote this after being inspired by my piece that I would definitely give it a listen. I'm goin as I listen, love the chopper sounds at the beginning it really sets the mood. Part one was alright, the guitar solo was good in some places not in others, maybe it is MIDI's fault. My favortie part of the first section is the piano in the background as the solo goes. Now on to part two, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PIANO that starts of the second section. Now good drums and bass, I feel a real buildup here, great it calms back down a little and then you get hit with the distorted guitar. I like it. The solo is pretty good at first, but get good once the piano starts in. Now on to part three I guess. Wow that came out of nowhere, but I like it. Reminds me of Sonata Arctica a lot. Now the shred solo. I like it, it isn't amazing or horrible, I like the parts in the middle of the solo that aren't so fast and the harmonies are pretty good. Wow, that was a very good transition back to a clean sound, once again love the piano. I like the drums in this section. Now another solo. I think MIDI screws you with the high notes, but it probably sounds better in real life. I like when the drummer boy sounding drums play under the solo. Wasn't expecting those bends, but they are good. I like the interlude with just the keyboard and clean guitar. The last part kinda hits you fast, that transition could be better, but once again MIDI screws you. The MIDI just makes it sound wierd but I've played it out and it sounds fine. This piece was very good. I was excited to listen to a piece that was inspired by one of my own and I wasn't dissappointed by it. I would like to hear it on Guitar Pro so I can hear the solos a little better and so they aren't screwed over by MIDI. I'm glad someone got inspired by my piece to write this, it is pretty amazing.
Well of course it is the Reason 3.0, so its not exactly a MIDI device as it is a sequencer so its not the MIDIs fault, just mine, ill work on it some more and maybe repost it

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT it helped a lot
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

despite the fact that reason can not make a guitar sound decent ever this was very good, there were some things i wasnt too keen in when it stopped completly then came back in and feel it would have been more effective if there was a smoother transition between the sections, but that aside all the parts sounded good and there was a great sense of structure with every part adding to overall feel of the piece and not just randomly thrown in. overall a very good piece, check mine of you can https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372005

thanks
I took in all of your comments and edited it
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Holy crap this is awesome.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
There were some parts that were good and ther were some parts that were mind blowing. I like the drum intro with the chopper. The piano just gave it a lot. Time well spent.
Quote by unplugtheradio
one time i looked at my clock and it said "kill your parents"

so i made pancakes.
as for MIDI.... go to File --> Export Midi File

and you should be fine. If that doesn't work PM me i am pretty good with reason and probably know the problem
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Yea i did that but whenever I try to import the song into GP i get some weird error in french, i can important things like the piano and strings but i cant import the guitar and drums and stuff, i dunno
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

anyone else?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Im listening to it right now, It's really really awesome. Cant wait til you get the gp5 file up.