Page 1 of 2
Fat strat or a les paul.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
cant you buy carbon guitars? they weigh a ton, but you can throw them around without barely dinting them. However, electronics might not be that good.
"suicide hotline, please hold......."
A Schecter of course.
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Hmm, I think fat strats are fairly versatile, with a humbucher for the rock/metal stuff, and a couple of single coils for jazzy, bluesy stuff. Either that or one of those HSH Ibanez things.
a strat, easy..
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
I would eliminate my penis into threadstarter's mom's mouth.

/thread
My Epi LP Classic is the most versatile guitar that I currently or have ever owned.
Line-6 Variax...
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by amazingdm
What's more versatile

a Strat or a fat Strat?

fat strat - they have a humbucker as well as two single coils, strats just have three single coils.
Fat Strat with a tapped humbucker
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
A Schecter with a coil-tap is the most versatile, of course.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
For true versatility, that new line6 variax...although I've heard it has a very digital sound.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by ProjectDark
Fat Strat with a tapped humbucker

with an extra switch, will it have the similar single coil bridge pickup sound? which of the two do you turn on?
Quote by love_O_rock
Fat strat or a les paul.

i agree accept for the les paul part.
line6 variax, because its built for that kinda stuff... but it doesnt sound so.. good, as compared to other options (ie. strat).
if you eat liek a n00b, you will be pwned like a n00b.
ESP snapper owns any fender anyday
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Variax for modeling guitars but a straighfoward guitar...some kind of strat with an H/S/H configuration.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Any kind of HSH with coil taps for the buckers... or if you want to go completely crazy with it try 3 buckers all coil tapped... If you can do that.... can you?
Hai UG!
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Any kind of HSH with coil taps for the buckers... or if you want to go completely crazy with it try 3 buckers all coil tapped... If you can do that.... can you?

uhhh no, coil tapping splits the humbuckers to get a SC sound.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
if you split the humbucker in the bridge position of a strat does it sound like a traditional single coil strat in that position?
Quote by amazingdm
if you split the humbucker in the bridge position of a strat does it sound like a traditional single coil strat in that position?

Yep

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Well aren't I just completely useless. LOL

Hey, you did have teh idea of coil tapping, which i forgot to mention so its all good.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Yep

which coil? the one nearest to the bridge or the one nearest towards the neck?
Quote by amazingdm
which coil? the one nearest to the bridge or the one nearest towards the neck?

I dunno, i just know that it splits the coils to give you a SC sound, i guess for a better clean.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
id say most versatile is a jem... awesome electronic configuration, tone controls work magic, 24 frets, upper 4 scalloped...
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

the peavey wolfgang is a kick butt guitar. for the price ($500. used) im amazed every time i play it.
The most versatile guitar ever is the fat power nashville Telecaster. Unfortunately, Fender doesn't make them; they only make power nashville Telecasters, so you need to add a humbucker. HSSP (P= piezo) is the most versatile setup.
Page 1 of 2