So im looking at acoustic guitar pickups and i want to know whats the best i can get for under 180. Preferably a soundhole pickup so i dont have to cut my guitar into pieces.

(There is a used L.R. Baggs M1 at a local shop for $80 and they are supposed to be great. Is it a good idea to buy a used acoustic pickup for $50-100 off?)
lol if any of us knew yet, we would have already answered
My God, it's full of stars!
ok well i don't know what i would call the absolute BEST soundhole pickup.... but the m1 is definitely a really good one. i dont think i'd pay 80 for a used one though. you should be able to pick up a brand new one for like 110. your budget is 180 so i would say if you want the m1... buy a new one.
make one, I did and it only cost me $3.50
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
Look into the L.R. Baggs I-Beam. It sounds amazing, you don't have to mess up your guitar to install it. and it's an under the saddle, so it's invisible.
The M1 is 135 for one model and 175 for the other so i was thinking that 80 isnt too shabby...should i save up and go new
i'm almost positive i have seen new m1's on sale for like 110-115... shop around
^-- i don't know if you could find one online... you need to go to guitar stores and haggle
Probably bad form to revive an old thread with my first post here, but. . .

If you haven't already, check out this website - http://www.dougyoungguitar.com/pickuptest.htm

You can listen to a bunch of different acoustic pickups, including the M1, compared to the same piece recorded with a good studio mic.