my mates keep going on bout all these different effects they use, and i dont know what any of them are, or how to use them, but i know that some need a pedal. they are:
1.flanger
2.chorus
3.tremolo
4.natural harmonics
5.pinch harmonics

any help with these is much appreciated
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

try going to a guitar shop to try out phaser and flange pedals.

and harmonics...http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_harmonics.html
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Look at the digitech/boss pedals demos ont their website for the first 3. Tremelo could also be accoasciated with the trem bar. Harmonics I could really go into much detail about because I don't know how they work. I just know that holding your pick in a certain way, or doing your fingering in a certain way produces a high squeely ringing sound.
flanger takes your signal and crosses it causeing heavy phase cancelation. makes it sound like a jet taking off.

chorus takes the guitar signal, splits it in two, and varies the the pitch two signals up and down.

tremlo takes the volume up and down.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i always wondered what a phaser does.

btw, i have a pine 6 spider, so my flange affect also has chorus. it simply says: chorus flange.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
^ then as you turn the knob up, the slight pitch variation in chorus, becomes greater causing the phasecancelation in flange.

phase takes the signals pitch up and down at set speed. doesn't copy it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile