Just wandering what you guys think the oddest breaks and solos are in songs. In breaks, I'd have to say Motley Crue's Live Wire. In oddest solos......well, still thinking on that one.
Some of Thals stuff have odd solos that are genius at the same time.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

alot of Zappa and King Crimson's 21st Century Schizoid Man. Both have weird breaks and solos and both are pure genious.
Whole Lotta Love is just plain ****ed up before the solo but it's one of Zeppelin's best songs.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
The Thing That Should Not Be - Metallica

Really cool song and a really cool solo.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Real by Bumblefoot perplexes me...I love it so. Also Revenge of the Bambi Loving Terrorist is just plain weird the entire way through. Gotta love IA though.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Quote by flame843
Solo to "Don't Fear The Reaper" - Blue Oyster Cult

Solo to "In This River" - Black Label Society

Intro to "Fight Fire With Fire" - Metallica

EDIT: Whoops, shred forum, and I didn't post shred. sorry....nonetheless, those are weird ones.

I was actually thinking about Blue Oyster Cult's weird solo. For me, that just completely messed that song up, but I love the way he goes back into the
intro from the lead solo. If you ask me, most of Zeppelin's songs are weird.
Whole lotta love.... That solo and the break ruins the whole song...
A lot of Frederick Thordendal's (meshuggah) solos are pretty odd

My favorite solo is probably Buckethead's on the song Buckethead
My Rig

Jackson DKMG Dinky
Yamaha Eg 112
Strella acoustic
Dunlop Craybaby
Electro Harmonix big Muff
Crate GX 130C
how come no one has mentioned The Mars Volta? anyways, you can't get much weirder solo's than Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave although it's not shred..
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
The solo and end of Dream Theater's Misunderstood could be called odd, I suppose. Both kind of ruined the song for me...
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by SnowballofDoom
The solo and end of Dream Theater's Misunderstood could be called odd, I suppose. Both kind of ruined the song for me...

Whatever he's doing at the end of Misunderstood is pretty sweet I think. Is he just pick scraping with wah and delay or something?
Quote by chase09
Whatever he's doing at the end of Misunderstood is pretty sweet I think. Is he just pick scraping with wah and delay or something?

Yep. There's a making of Misunderstood vid that shows him doing just that. I always thought that part went on a bit too long, but I'm probably just being nitpicky.

Quote by JkHalen
anyways, you can't get much weirder solo's than Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave although it's not shred..

Yeah, Morello has some odd solos. Audioslave's Bring 'Em Back Alive is probably my favorite of his solos... not really sure why though.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by JkHalen
how come no one has mentioned The Mars Volta? anyways, you can't get much weirder solo's than Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave although it's not shred..

Too obvious. TMV = my favorite band that's "weird" and one of my favorite band altogether
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Guess you've never heard any Daevid Allen, John Cage, Edgar Varèse, Cecil Taylor...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Guess you've never heard any Daevid Allen, John Cage, Edgar Varèse, Cecil Taylor...

No, I know, I'm extremely naive in the area, I don't know any better, I just posted the first thing that came to my mind.
What about that breaking part in "Rocket" from Def Leppard? Not only was that a little strange, but it seemed to last forever!
The psychadelic saxophone solo in 21st Century Schizoid Man. So out of place, yet so fucking brilliant!
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Oddest solo- either Dream Theater (John Petrucci) Beyond ThisLife at3:10
or Megadeth (Marty Friedman) Five Magics 2:58
...AJFA!!!!!!

(The Black Album was a "new musical direction," (albeit a very gay one); whereas St. Anger was more of an abomination upon mankind.)
All of Spidercrawl by Buckethead. That's right biotch, the whole freaking song wierds me out. But I still find myself listening to it alot anyway
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
this is wrong genre but we will rock you by queen its got a very wierd solo i think like switches tempos fast it seems...