I have been referred to both of these basses, and am thusly looking into them.

Peavey Cirrus
Schechter Stiletto

Anybody know anything about either of these, and their strong points/weak points?

I am looking for something with a good "slapability", as my '63 Fender-P just isn't cutting it for that branch of bassage.
Schecter Stilleto...?
Schecter Stilleto Elite, Schecter Stilleto Studio, Schecter Stilleto Deluxe, or the Schecter Stilleto Custom?

And Peavey Cirrus BXP or Peavey Cirrus?...Because the Cirrus' cost about $1,499-$2,199...While the BXP's cost about $550...

You need to give specifics dude...

Anyways, I can give some input on both basses without the specifics, but it wont be a lot...

Stilleto Elites and Studios (the more expensive Stilletos) are usually Neck-Thru basses and I have heard that slapping on a neck-thru bass wont give as good a slap tone as a Bolt On bass would...The bolt on necks sound brighter where as neck thru basses give a warmer deeper tone, which isnt ideal for most slapping/popping ...Nevertheless, they are great basses that have an awesome deep sound that is very electric, if you know what I mean...Very bouncy and versatile, even though they only have a 2 band EQ...Its deep tone is suitable for any music and you may even like the slap tone on the Neck Thru Stilletos, because the neck thru doesnt automatically make the slap tone bad, it just makes it lack a little when compared to bolt on necks...

The schecter Stileto Customs and Deluxes (the cheaper Stilletos) are bolt on though and the Custom is very similar to the Elite so you can try that one out and it can be a good bass for you...Like I said, the Customs are very similar to the Elites so anything I said about the Elites can pretty much be applied to the Custom, the Deluxe however, is more of an beginner/intermediate bass whereas the others are intermediate...

On the other hand, Peavey Cirrus' have been hailed as some of the best basses for achieving an excellent slaptone...Many chronic slappers swear by them...The Cirrus BXP's at my local guitar shop are very good basses IMO, the neck was fast and thin, the slap tone was better than any other bass in the shop (in its price range), the pickups and the action was good, and the 3-band active EQ was pretty good and allowed me to achieve a variety of tones without the amp I was playing through...So if I can say all that about the BXP's than I can only imagine the real Cirrus' are much better...

hope this helps
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 8, 2006,